• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The important thing is that old Frank get attention. It's his oxygen.

I did find an error in the article...

The release also refers to Conaway, a former state delegate in the 1970s and 1980s, as the "godfather of black politics in Baltimore."

It should read, "The Godfather of Black Politics..."

Just ask him, I'm sure he'll agree he's MUCH more important than we think.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wonder if his handgun permit will get approved again.

Attachments

• ConawayApplicationletter.pdf
      2.2 MB · Views: 156

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    The good news is if he stays a registered R he'll never get elected in Baltimore again.
    aea17cdd008aaf0e63680796be9b5685.jpg

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    The important thing is that old Frank get attention. It's his oxygen.
    Just ask him, I'm sure he'll agree he's MUCH more important than we think.

Correct.

The good news is if he stays a registered R he'll never get elected in Baltimore again.

Yeah. This might be a plot to finally end his career but it is a very strange way to do it. I can also see it as a bet with his buddies to see if he can get voted in even as a registered republican. If genuine, I doubt he will do much for 2A rights even if he thinks he is entitled to CCW.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    He's tired of the Democratic Party running multiple viable candidates against him in the primary.

Running as an R ensures him a place on the ballot in the general election.

Maybe he's thinking of going head to head with SRB for mayor next time without the other D clutter candidates

If he takes her out and other disfavored D's follow suit, it could signal the beginning of the end of the liberal wing control of the big D party in MD - GO FRANK!! :)

Mr H

WTF. Pigs are really flying in Baltimore.

It's Old Frank... It's a stunt. I've only been in a room with him once, and that much is obvious. Shoot... it took him 10 minutes just to say he wasn't going to say any more.

I'm just not sure why, other than maybe he thinks he's gonna ride the wave, and people will vote R the same way they vote D.

But, at 81, will he even be able to spell R in 4 years???

Mr H

While for me this isn't a huge problem right now, I take comfort in knowing that--with enough people staying on it--Young Frank can be damaged goods.

IMO... He was tossed to the wolves last session, proposing many bills that he couldn't defend. In fact, he completely contradicted himself--even disagreeing with the content of bills--while being asked about them in the committee hearings.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    While for me this isn't a huge problem right now, I take comfort in knowing that--with enough people staying on it--Young Frank can be damaged goods.

IMO... He was tossed to the wolves last session, proposing many bills that he couldn't defend. In fact, he completely contradicted himself--even disagreeing with the content of bills--while being asked about them in the committee hearings.

Yall is welcome. With a shout out to SNI, Lou45 and a few others.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Yall is welcome. With a shout out to SNI, Lou45 and a few others.

:D:evilgrin3:lol::party29::thumbsup:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Wonder if his handgun permit will get approved again.

I think I have read that thing before but I needed a refresh. What a complete joke. I was interviewed by Mr. Veccera and the man could not have been easier to deal with. Completely stand up and to the point. Conaway's irritable attitude and questionable mental stability (never mind the accusation he hired someone to break into his house!) obviously left an impression.

The Board's 'findings' could not have been more transparently political. Complete joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom