• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    As a retired veteran of the US Army, I will never comply with the process of
    a HQL or give the state a copy of my DD214. that's a nunya for me.

That's fine but HQL aside whats on it that isn't on your tax return? Even those assholes couldn't care less about your geedunks and schools. :confused:

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

If you are retired, with an retired ID, you only need to present your retired ID when making your hand gun purchase---no DD214 required...

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

If you're retired from the Army then you are exempt from the HQL requirement and will only have to show your retiree ID card to the FFL. Nothing gets sent to the state.

EDIT: Didn't see the previous comments!!! But, agree with daggo66, by NOT exercising your right to own handguns you do exactly what FSA2013 was meant to do.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    If you're retired from the Army then you are exempt from the HQL requirement and will only have to show your retiree ID card to the FFL. Nothing gets sent to the state.

EDIT: Didn't see the previous comments!!! But, agree with daggo66, by NOT exercising your right to own handguns you do exactly what FSA2013 was meant to do.

I do already own several handguns, many long guns, AR's inclusive.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Funny reading the MVA stuff. When I renewed my license the lady asked if I wanted the veteran symbol on it. She asked if I had my 214 with me, I said no but I have my retired ID card. I was then informed that was not a form of proof of service that they could use. And they ask why I drink.....

Exactly. I pulled my retired ID card, and she said that it wasn't valid for that purpose. F it. I don't need my license to say vet. More stupid shite.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    The key word is Retired, I got my MD drivers license for proof of residency bought Two pistols waited the 8 days picked up my pistols, didn't require the HQL according to the law,
    If you are not retired you need HQL. Don't see all confusion its straight forward on MSP website...

By resisting to get your HQL just enforces the law and the Liberals win. Wether you think it affects your rights it has aready done that because if you wanted to express you rights you would get the HQL.

Just seems simple, the more HQL registrations the more it shows the law isn't really working...

On another note when I got my MD DL I got my USMC retired plates as well and had no issues...

pecormd

Mar 8, 2013
    I'm confused here I am seeing everyone say that a retired military person still needs an HQL but i just copied this from the MSP site. Note this says exception to possessing an HQL.

Exceptions to possession of the HQL License

A Licensed Firearms Manufacturer.
    Active law enforcement officer or a person retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or a local law enforcement agency of the State.
    Active or retired member of the United States Armed Forces or National Guard and possesses a valid military identification card.
    A person purchasing, renting or receiving an antique, curio or relic as defined in federal law.
    Maryland licensed firearms dealers.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    A RETIRED Military person does NOT need an HQL.

A FORMER Military person , that is not formally Retired DOES need an HQL ( but is exempted from the training requirement).

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Exactly. I pulled my retired ID card, and she said that it wasn't valid for that purpose. F it. I don't need my license to say vet. More stupid shite.
    :rant2:

That was at the MVA, has nothing to do with HQL unless your not a MD resident.

I did get the Veteran LPs and there Pretty Cool Compared to the Regular State LPs.

Your mixing apples with oranges and YES you need a Copy of your DD214 to Get MD Retired / Military Emblem License Plates and 25 bucks...

Chill:innocent0

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Funny reading the MVA stuff. When I renewed my license the lady asked if I wanted the veteran symbol on it. She asked if I had my 214 with me, I said no but I have my retired ID card. I was then informed that was not a form of proof of service that they could use. And they ask why I drink.....

Just like the mva telling my gf her state issued ID card was not a valid form of ID when she was applying for her learners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom