Ordering a magazine while out of state, to SHIP to out of state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rangerone314

Jan 8, 2012
    Harford County
    I've done the bit where I drove across the border to Delaware and picked up a a few 30-round magazines and brought them back to Maryland. I understand that is legal.

What I am curious is if I am visiting friends or family in PA, can I hop on their computer and order 30-rnd magazines to be sent to that address in PA, and then pick them up later?

Secondly, would it be legal to order 30-rnd mags from my home computer in Maryland and shipped to PA to be picked up there?

(Planning on getting DPMS LR-308 AP4 in December, and the mags are larger than 19-rnds)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For the former question, it's up to the seller. Many flat-out refuse if the billing address is MD, regardless of where you pay or take possession. Your latter question has been beaten to death in other threads.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I've done the bit where I drove across the border to Delaware and picked up a a few 30-round magazines and brought them back to Maryland. I understand that is legal.

What I am curious is if I am visiting friends or family in PA, can I hop on their computer and order 30-rnd magazines to be sent to that address in PA, and then pick them up later?

Secondly, would it be legal to order 30-rnd mags from my home computer in Maryland and shipped to PA to be picked up there?

(Planning on getting DPMS LR-308 AP4 in December, and the mags are larger than 19-rnds)

As of 10/1/13 the max in the wonderful state of MD is 10

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I would say "yes". As long as you don't have them DELIVERED to Maryland (most won't ship to here anyway because it is illegal), you are good to go. At least, that's my two cents.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I order mags and have them sent to my brother's place in VA. I pick'em up when I visit. I've not had an order rejected yet, but I've heard this does happen.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    JoeBob's will ship 'em to an out of state address.

Second this. Just go Joe Bob's and you can have them shipped anywhere they are legal. PA, VA, WVA, DE......

Buy 10 (or whatever makes up 90 dollars) and they will ship them for free!!!!

They are an IP here, and support for them is always appreciated.

I am planning on visiting Florida this winter, I am doing the same thing.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Supposing the seller won't ship if the billing address is in MD: If you are using an out of state shipping address of a friend or relative, why not just go online to your charge card's web site and change your billing address to the same? Make the purchase and then change it back to your regular address. The worst that could happen is the a statement would be mailed to the friend's address during the time the charge card adress was changed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I order mags and have them sent to my brother's place in VA. I pick'em up when I visit. I've not had an order rejected yet, but I've heard this does happen.

What is the address of the credit card you use? You have been lucky.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What is the address of the credit card you use? You have been lucky.

I would disagree. The transaction is taking place on their end (out of state) and not in MD even though the person lives here. IANAL and this is just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    I got a 20 round Mec Gar magazine for my Sig from Midway last month. Had it shipped to my friend in VA. No issues at all.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    As of 10/1/13 the max in the wonderful state of MD is 10
    No, as of 10/1/2013, the max you can take possession of inside of the state lines of Maryland is 10 - as long as you are outside of the state when you take possession, whatever mags you want to have you can have.

To the OP, a way around this would be to choose an online vendor, such as Cabelas, and get an online e gift card. From there, you can pay for the purchase with the gift card and it's no longer tied to your state of residency.

I had to do a similar thing to consolidate funds for a larger purchase on Amazon. Basically, I had a Visa gift card, and an Amazon gift card, so I added both amounts to an e gift card and made the final purchase with that. You could set the gift card up in their name with their address, and then literally order from anywhere - as long as it was associated with them and the magazines are shipped to their residence outside of the state, it doesn't really matter.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would disagree. The transaction is taking place on their end (out of state) and not in MD even though the person lives here. IANAL and this is just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many have ordered products to an out of state address and had them cancelled because their credit card had a md billing address.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    No, as of 10/1/2013, the max you can take possession of inside of the state lines of Maryland is 10 - as long as you are outside of the state when you take possession, whatever mags you want to have you can have.

That's what I meant, just too lazy to write it all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom