• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    Done. Thankfully, I may be preaching to the choir in Carroll County.

Thanks for the link !

A LOT of plagiarism ( thank you ! ), but so well said that it made sense to copy at this "11th hour".

"As a constituent I request that you vote AGAINST the above listed legislation. These are poorly written, unconstitutional and disastrously erroneous measures which will do nothing to reduce crime or enhance public safety, but will directly result in forcing thousands of law-abiding citizens to either surrender their property or be falsely accused of being criminals.

I pray for your courage to oppose these bills, stem the destructive trend these continued infringements on Maryland citizens' civil rights ( clearly enumerated in the U.S. Constitution (this legislation, in parts, violates protections of the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments as a start), and encourage the true common-sense measure - enforce the existing laws, especially for drug dealers and violent criminals.

Respectfully Yours,"

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Hi Everyone,

Even if you have done it before , please just take 5 minutes and go here;

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&poptype=find&popid=

and send a short message to your legislators. Here is what I sent....

Contact Legislator(s)
    Message will be sent to Guy Guzzone, Vanessa E. Atterbeary, Shane E. Pendergrass, Jen Terrasa

To My Respected Legislators,

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the poorly written, unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters.

THANK you for your consideration,

Bigfoot21075

Done. I have a rental in Maryland. So I used that address.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    Done,

To My Respected Legislators,

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the poorly written, unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters. Should this trend continue against law abiding citizens, I am making plans to move my household from Maryland and will take my votes and money elsewhere.

THANK you for your consideration,
    Joe Stubblefield

gcwood

Continental Soldier
    Jun 26, 2013
    Continue to bombard state legislators

I have sent emails every day. It is our duty as defenders of the Constitution! Not that they listen but nonetheless we MUST continue to reject unconstitutional, useless legislation from these so called representatives of the people.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Already done, including with mailed letters, not just emails. Still haven't received any responses from either R or D reps in my district. I also contacted my district's senator, Sen. Reilly, who is on the Senate Justice Committee, and haven't received a response. But from what I've heard he is against these bills already.

Next step is take a day off work and do some office calls to try to get some actual human conversation going.

Done

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A whole new way for Maryland Dems to deal with gun-owning constituents! Hilariously, my rep finally got back to me on my request that he deny support to these onerous anti-gun-owner bills. He said he was pleased to know that his constituents are engaged in the process of improving the way that Maryland handles matters surrounding property taxes. So, just pretend the conversation was about something else, and hit reply button, apparently.

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    A whole new way for Maryland Dems to deal with gun-owning constituents! Hilariously, my rep finally got back to me on my request that he deny support to these onerous anti-gun-owner bills. He said he was pleased to know that his constituents are engaged in the process of improving the way that Maryland handles matters surrounding property taxes. So, just pretend the conversation was about something else, and hit reply button, apparently.

Nah, he's just giving you a hint about the next way they plan on pushing gun control measures. :rolleyes:

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Response from Karen Lewis Young:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding gun legislation. This is a very important issue. I support the right for Marylanders to own a firearm for personal defense and hunting. I will not vote for any measures that would take away a person's right to own a firearm for personal defense or hunting.

Again, thank you for contacting our office. We value your input. Especially on issues as important as gun legislation. I do not sit on the Judiciary committee, so I rarely hear gun issues, but I will keep your thoughts in mind as gun legislation moves through the legislative process.

Thank you,

Office of Delegate Karen Lewis Young,
    District 3A

Not exactly a definitive statement.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I got a response from Ms. Love, who thanked me for my interest, but reminded me that the hearings were already over. The implication (despite my having written weeks ago) was "Oh, sorry, by the time I got to your email, it was too late for me to get involved in this matter. Don't forget to vote for me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom