Impact of Anti-Gun Legislation on Hunting and Formal Target Shooting in Maryland

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I will in no way argue with anyone who says that these legislators will not listen to reason and don't care; granted. I think there are some moderate voters out there or even environmentally conscious folks that would listen to this line of reason. Anything we can do to cast any amount of doubt on this legislation is worth it.

The problem we always run into is “EMOTION”. I have a hard time talking to my wife about it. While she understands the concept of wildlife management, the emotions of “ the poor deer” cloud her judgement and she will loose all rational thought. This is the problem we face with the general population. That’s but just one example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    And given that 2/3 of the state are liberal democrats, odds are greater that they have more deer collisions.

So let’s stop hunting deer altogether in that case. Let the population explode for the next decade. Drive up the number of deer involved crashes, and drive down the funding for DNR, forcing the state to seek more funds from other types of users - like cyclists and hikers and equestrians, who also tend to be libs.

Win win.

More deer when we agree to start hunting again, and more libs getting their cars wrecked and getting Lyme disease.

Problem here, they won’t correlate the increase in collision with a lack of hunting, or an increase in Lyme disease with the increasing deer population. They simply won’t correlate the cause and effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom