• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So one of my liberal friends decided to write in for Heather Mizuer instead of voting for Brown. I consider that a success! :) If you get in a discussion with a democrat that doesn't like Brown but won't vote R its an option!

Just sharing what I consider a success.

Convincing libs to do that is called good political strategy. Every vote diverted from Brown to a write-in for Mizeur helps.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have voted 3rd party in national elections and I will keep doing so. Mainly bc both dems and repubs are worthless at the national level. However in the MD election it makes no sense to vote 3rd party. It is one party rule and we need to figure out how to break that monopoly. Every possible vote needs to be behind the person with a legitimate shot to beat Brown. The only person with a shot is Hogan.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I have voted 3rd party in national elections and I will keep doing so. Mainly bc both dems and repubs are worthless at the national level. However in the MD election it makes no sense to vote 3rd party. It is one party rule and we need to figure out how to break that monopoly. Every possible vote needs to be behind the person with a legitimate shot to beat Brown. The only person with a shot is Hogan.

Oh, we can thank you for Clinton defeating Bush Sr. in '92?
    3rd parties are nothing more than spoilers in the U.S.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Oh, we can thank you for Clinton defeating Bush Sr. in '92?
    3rd parties are nothing more than spoilers in the U.S.

No, I wasnt old enough to vote then. Gonna have to blame someone else for that one.

But in the modern world, I generally opt out when given the choice of voting for the Turd Sandwich vs The Giant Douche.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No, I wasnt old enough to vote then. Gonna have to blame someone else for that one.

But in the modern world, I generally opt out when given the choice of voting for the Turd Sandwich vs The Giant Douche.

As one who was old enough to vote in '92, which you imply is "pre-modern era," I can assure you that having a hissy fit and not voting for the lesser of two evils is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's also a political death-wish flaw seen in too many Republicans and conservatives.

I hope you'll re-evaluate and face political reality by election time, so we won't have to blame you for the next one. :)

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Funny you should mention '92

I had recently moved back to MD, and simply had forgotten to register, so I was shut out.

Probably a good thing, because I was still in my "None of the Above" phase, and would have gone Perot...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    if Quinn is a liberal plant, wouldn't it make sense in the next cycle to have a conservative plant to try and siphon dem votes? I am sure if we all pitched in a few bones that we can start a campaign for a "green party" candidate, and maybe even buy a little air time. mizuer got quite a few votes in the primary while running on marijuana platform, maybe it could be work in our favor

this will never work as liberals don't vote with their minds and principles. They have little of the 1st and none of the 2nd.

They will always vote DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Conservatives are the only ones that vote based off principle and choose the candidate that best represents them, even if the candidate has no chance of winning. The DDDDDDDDD's know this and that is why in races they are scared of, you see a 3rd party plant that is there to take just enough of the conservative vote to tilt the election.

Usually, conservatives are dumb enough to go for it.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I hope you'll re-evaluate and face political reality by election time, so we won't have to blame you for the next one. :)

Fair enough. I may just cave in the next presidential election and vote for the R. Im sure it will make a difference. If only those damn Libertarians had used their heads and voted for Romney things would have been so different. ;)

2012 Presidential election in Maryland
    Democratic Barack Obama Joe Biden 1,677,844 61.97% 10
    Republican Mitt Romney Paul Ryan 971,869 35.90% 0
    Libertarian Gary Johnson Jim Gray 30,195 1.12%

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    this will never work as liberals don't vote with their minds and principles. They have little of the 1st and none of the 2nd.

They will always vote DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Conservatives are the only ones that vote based off principle and choose the candidate that best represents them, even if the candidate has no chance of winning. The DDDDDDDDD's know this and that is why in races they are scared of, you see a 3rd party plant that is there to take just enough of the conservative vote to tilt the election.

Usually, conservatives are dumb enough to go for it.

Not entirely true. The Democratic primary was a fierce battle this year. They certainly fought hard for their votes and principals.

However, Democrats seem to be better at leaving the fighting at the primary and supporting the winner even if it wasn't their guy.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just had a conversation with my mother who doesn't know who she's voting for. After I let the steam clear, I asked why she would vote for Brown (and went on to his tax history, healthcare etc etc). She said she saw Hogan wants to bring big business into the state and is scared he'd raise taxes. I had to maintain composure because I almost lost it. I asked if she liked the tax hikes that O and Brown put into place? She's reading Hogans site to learn a bit about him and I told her to check out the Change Maryland Facebook page. I just can't see how anyone would vote for Brown, who's campaign has been nothing more than attacking Hogan.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Tell your Mom that if she likes paying all the taxes that O'Malley raised for everyone in this State, I will gladly let her pay mine as well...

This is not an attack on your Mom, but it is what I tell everyone who has any thought of voting for Brown... another 4 years of new and improved tax schemes. No thanks.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Tell your Mom that if she likes paying all the taxes that O'Malley raised for everyone in this State, I will gladly let her pay mine as well...

This is not an attack on your Mom, but it is what I tell everyone who has any thought of voting for Brown... another 4 years of new and improved tax schemes. No thanks.

I gave her more information and she went to vote early this morning. She voted mostly republican (she's pretty liberal), including Governor. My headache went away after she told me. She only voted for a couple Dems on the ballot. I'll take that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom