• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Getting a can is on my list of things to do next. It will need to ride on both my 5.56 AR and an AR 10 plus a 308 bolt gun

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Getting a can is on my list of things to do next. It will need to ride on both my 5.56 AR and an AR 10 plus a 308 bolt gun

It may be worthless to say at this point, but I use my YHM on several guns. Both 5.56 and .30 cal. They are nice cans.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    It may be worthless to say at this point, but I use my YHM on several guns. Both 5.56 and .30 cal. They are nice cans.

I like YHM stuff have 3 of there free float hand guards on my AR's. it seems there cans are more reasonable compared to other brands any draw backs to YHM over the more expensive brands?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have had good luck with Surefire cans on my ARs. There are so many outstanding options these days though that it is tough to go wrong.

I use a 556 socom on a couple of my ARs. It was my first can. Compared to my YHM, there is no comparison, shoot three mags through the socom and it's 30 minutes before you dare take it off the gun with "Mechanics" gloves. The YHM, ten mins. bare handed. The Surefire has about a 1"-2" shift at 50 yds. It seems to hold close to that out to 100(which ain't bad), YHM is 0(zero).

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Interesting. I have the older model (556SA) and have not detected POI shift with it. Those YHM cans are amazing! Not sure I'd go Surefire again but got them at a big discount so had to do it. These days, the competition has really raised the performance bar. Old cans are really left in the dust!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I like YHM stuff have 3 of there free float hand guards on my AR's. it seems there cans are more reasonable compared to other brands any draw backs to YHM over the more expensive brands?

I missed this.

I only have one of thier cans and you already know how I feel about that one. I believe Chad owns a couple so there's that. They seem like solid pieces and their prices are hard to beat. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom