• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This looks like a good deal, I don't know, I am not a C&R bayonet expert.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXCKU8J/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE - these are really Italian BM59 bayonets. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_BM_59

--------------------------------------------------
    From http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Italy/italy_2.html
    --------------------------------------------------

"Knife bayonet for use on the 7.62 mm. NATO caliber BM59 selective-fire rifle and 5.56 mm. NATO Caliber AR70 assault rifle.

The bayonet is closely patterned after the U.S. bayonet-knife M4 . The grip scales are brown plastic. The crosspiece has a unique "hourglass" profile and a large muzzle ring to accommodate the BM59's "tri-compensator" muzzle device. The scabbard is a U.S. M8 clone, with the body made of fiberglass with an olive green gel coat. The belt hanger is made of khaki tan cotton webbing.

Not much is known about the production of these bayonets. The BM59 had a very long service life with the Italian Army, finally being retired in 1990. The Italian Army began using the AR70 in 1979 and it continues in use to the present day."

Last edited:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mine arrived today. I think these are a good deal. Awesome Bakelite [EDIT - plastic] handles.

Attachments

• DSC_0063.jpg
      DSC_0063.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 2,054
    • DSC_0064.jpg
      DSC_0064.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 2,089
    • DSC_0065.jpg
      DSC_0065.jpg
      34.8 KB · Views: 1,991
    • DSC_0066.jpg
      DSC_0066.jpg
      37.1 KB · Views: 2,070
    • DSC_0067.jpg
      DSC_0067.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 2,066
    Last edited:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Mine arrived today. I think these are a good deal. Awesome Bakelite handles.

I think you got mine.:)

USPS tracking got it all the way from California to the Columbia 21045 Post Office and it was "out for delivery" today. They never delivered it, claiming there was an incorrect address. The address they had was correct.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think you got mine.:)

USPS tracking got it all the way from California to the Columbia 21045 Post Office and it was "out for delivery" today. They never delivered it, claiming there was an incorrect address. The address they had was correct.

That zip is not close to me. If they did deliver it to my house than your postman went on a nice little jaunt. :D

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Sorry for the late reply.

They are known for making and selling large numbers of fake early parts, humped carbines etc.....

They do have some good surplus stuff every now and then but I hate the idea of supporting them.

Last edited:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Mine arrived today with the street address looking like someone took sandpaper to it. The post office wrote in the correct address. All is good. The bayonet and scabbard are in great shape.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The Italian military BM59 bayonets have a larger muzzle ring than the M1 Carbine bayonet. The M16 bayonets will fit on them but the muzzle ring is a hair larger. It's been a while since I've compared, but I think the M1 Carbine and M16 bayonet lugs re the same.

ed_1.jpg

You have a BM59!! Awesome!! How does it shoot?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You have a BM59!! Awesome!! How does it shoot?

Not mine, haha. It's a random picture I found.

Though, one of my friends in MD did what we call a BM14E build. He took a BM59E (Italian Tipo II M1 converted to take mags basically) parts kit and a CMP Grade C receiver and sent it off to Shuff's to build. However, to make it MD legal, he had it milled to take M14 mags instead of BM59 mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom