• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Alabama built LMR (Line Material Corp) barrels have an excellent reputation for accuracy. I was lucky to get my IHC back in the DCM days for cheap. Love that rifle!

Very nice! It's good to see some of these rifles survived more or less in tact and are in good hands.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    https://imgur.com/a/wvzhRgOSo yesterday I bought an IHC m1 rifle at a local auction. I believe based off Scott Duff’s blue book that most parts are correct. Looking for input.

SN 4587213
    Dwg# D6526281-G
    Barrel LMR 5-53
    Bolt D6528287IHC U
    Gas Lock Screw IHC NHC
    Wind Knob IHC DRC
    Elevation Knob IHC with a hexagon I think
    Trigger Housing IHC D6528290
    Safety IHC
    Hammer IHC C554608
    Op rod D6535382IHC
    Gas Cylinder with football shaped lug base
    DAS on left I believe
    Julian Date OR3312

IHC rifles have letter codes associated with a lot of their parts during manufacture.
    I think they were lettered due to help from the other manufactures to aid in making sure acceptance was able to be completed inside of production guidelines. IHC had some production problems and needed some help from the other manufacturers to achieve complete parts interchangeability and some other minor details. You will see letters on a lot of the parts especially on the internals.
    Safety, bullet guides followers things like that etc.
    Probably somewhere in a detailed publication you may find what letter codes are associated within certain serial ranges and drawing numbers etc.
    The was an article in a GCA magazine a few years ago that explained some of the letter code designations but not in the entire details necessary for the amount of rifles manufactured and particular time frame.
    I bet Orlando who is a forum member knows off the top of his head particular details regarding the IHC rifles and the letter codes associated with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom