• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, it can. Sort of.

Then you can shoot 5 more rounds, to convince yourself that nothing moved, and that what you saw wasn't coincidence.

Never could quite figure out why the "3 rounds and done" sight in ever got any acclaim or traction.

No, if done properly, you don't need a lot of ammo. But you do need a lot of confidence.

Shoot the damn gun. It builds the confidence. It's why you bought it.

I am confident of my zero with 3 to 5 rounds.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If its not 9mm or 223/556, the price has not risen as much. 223/556 and 9mm have more than doubled. 308, 7.62x39, and other calibers have not risen nearly as much. In fact I just saw some 308 for not much more than what I paid last year. Some ammo which used to be 2x the price of 9mm, is now 20%+ less. And: I bought some non-9mm ammo recently and instead of the 3 weeks, it shipped in 24 hours. Thankfully, my portfolio is diversified. Yours should be too.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    These are the times that many on here will warn people about and why everyone should have at least a year of ammo on hand. .50 223 .30+ 9mm, no primers, 115gr 9mm bullets going for .20. My gut says we are going to see this crap until spring of next year IF Trump wins. If Biden wins it may be 2022 before we get a sense of normal back.

Do you remember how long it took to get ammo back after Obama? It was a lot more than 2 years, and Obama didn't go around saying he was going to take everything.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Trump wins easily. He replaces Ginsberg and Breyer. The Second Amendment is safe for at least a decade. Two years ammo will be cheap and plentiful.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    If its not 9mm or 223/556, the price has not risen as much. 223/556 and 9mm have more than doubled. 308, 7.62x39, and other calibers have not risen nearly as much. In fact I just saw some 308 for not much more than what I paid last year. Some ammo which used to be 2x the price of 9mm, is now 20%+ less. And: I bought some non-9mm ammo recently and instead of the 3 weeks, it shipped in 24 hours. Thankfully, my portfolio is diversified. Yours should be too.

I bought a box of .45-70 at a big box mass retailer today to compare to my forthcoming handloads. It was normal pricing.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Do you remember how long it took to get ammo back after Obama? It was a lot more than 2 years, and Obama didn't go around saying he was going to take everything.

It wasn’t that long except for .22. That definitely took a few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Federal Factory Second Law Enforcement Tactical Ammunition 223 Remington 62 Grain Bon

Midway USA this morning:

My favorite part is, "You save: $140.00 (10%)"

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 401

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico

Actually, after Sandy Hook, that's exactly what he was saying. Well, not take but ban. ARs, mags, "assault weapons", etc were all in his sights. Luckily at that time, he didn't have Congress.

But you're right, handgun calibers were a long time coming back. Hell, even .30-30 was unobtanium for awhile. 22LR took like 3 years; daily lines in WalMart waiting to see if employees would restock anything. Ridiculous :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom