• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • volodya84

MDS Supporter
    Aug 23, 2017
    So as a quick update as I'm not on here as much as I would like to be, I received an aim sports pro quad rail and the sight rail from aim sports that goes on top. I just can't seem to figure out how all that would work though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah, yeah , Necrothread . But since I just came from a link in current thread , this one is fresh to me . ( Confession - I don't automatically read and leave pro forma post on every Introduction , primarily if the thread title , or poster is of particular interest . No offense to any new members I skipped .)

I actually understood Shelbie's post , and he made a point . I know this is the Internet , my spelling can be notorious , and I don't proofread before clicking. But just a tiny bit of sentence structure and paragraphs can go far in getting accross your ideas .

I don't hate on Mini-14 . But Mini's and AR's are different rifles ( from the shooting enthusiast context . As far as Evil , or rather Non- Evilness , they and hundred sixty' levven others are the same .)

I like my AR's to be AR's , and Mini's to be Mini's . Trying to make a Mini into an Ertaz AR is just pointless and frustrating

Historical Note - once upon a time, Mini- 14 were substantially less expensive tha AR-15 , so there could have been an articuable case to justicy Tacti-Cool'ed out Mini's , but that era is long gone .

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    If you're set on accessorizing your Mini, you can change the stock to something like this

https://www.atioutdoors.com/product/strikeforce-mini-14-thirty-stock-2/

Lots of mount points for lights, sights, lasers, periscopes, and maybe even a bayonet or two.

I had an older gentleman come into our store with a Tapco'ed up Mini 30, his son had given him, he just nearly begged us to tell him how he could un-Tapco it, back to looking like an actual rifle.
    We took care of him quite well, Hogue stock, replacement stock liner and factory handguard, scope mount and a low power variable, and he walked out with a respectable light deer rifle.

ATI, Tapco, stay back, don't do it!

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    Fellas - I am not sure putting a folding stock on a Mini-14 makes it illegal in Maryland. I believe the ban cites the “Ruger Mini-14 folding stock model”. I believe it is referring to the rifle that comes from Ruger with a folding stock. I don’t know that adding a folding stock to a standard rifle would qualify under the banned language. I have owned three different Mini-14’s, and sold them because the accuracy was so bad. Light, reliable rifles, but they shot patterns instead of groups.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I see no love for the Sage here yet? FWIW, they make the matching telescoping stock now
    (not my pic)

Attachments

• 9731d1150148223-sage-ebr-stock-mini-14-ac556-13 1 .jpg
      9731d1150148223-sage-ebr-stock-mini-14-ac556-13 1 .jpg
      25.6 KB · Views: 252

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I have a 5847 Mini-14 - it came from Ruger with a black synthetic stock. Now I am looking for a nice hardwood stock for it.

I am getting away from black plastic guns, becoming more of a wood and steel guy. I'll keep my two Colt 6721s but that's about it - the rest are wood and steel.

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    OP a mini 14 isn't designed to be decorated like an AR IMO. It's not a tack driver, so fancy optics are wasted on it.

I'd upgrade the rear sight with a tech sight. The factory rear sight is terrible. If your eyes are bad like mine, get scope rings that maintain zero after you put them back on, then put a red dot sight on them.

Set up this way, you can easily hit an 8" target at 100yrds offhand standing

Absolutely correct. When I had a Mini 14 about a decade ago, I went out and bought a $300 scope, expensive for me, and I was never pleased with the results. I could hit the 8" targets and gong but the groups were loose. A friend lent me a red dot, I forgot which one, and, voila, I was just as accurate/inaccurate as I was with the scope, and the red dot was faster for me and a lot more fun, too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom