• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    See how much it would cost to have the deed researched to find out if your property was subdivided from the neighbor's recently or if he's just full of it. If it really was a recent subdivision then the survey company involved might redo a survey on it for you a lot cheaper than one starting from scratch.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    12,500 is alot for a survey but sounds like that is the best peaceful way forward. How can you tell him to leave your property if you don't know what is yours?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    12,500 is alot for a survey but sounds like that is the best peaceful way forward. How can you tell him to leave your property if you don't know what is yours?

For sane people, this is true.

But sounds like this guy probably won't care or even claim the surveyors are colluding to encroach on his property.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    This guy will not stop until he is put away or put down.
    See if you can find property corner markers. If you can find one you can get the rest figured out with a compass and a transit.
    You can get your plot record and go from there.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    OP, did you have a survey and title insurance at the closing? I started doing real estate transactions 35 years ago and never did a closing without them.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Head down to the County Courthouse and get a look at any criminal records on this guy. It's good to separate fact from fiction and get a real picture of what he has been doing.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Yeah do it on theirs. Make sure to leave a note after you fill in the dirt so it looks like a suicide. Duh
    Did we just find the Clinton's main suicider???

I mean finding a suicide note from a BURIED victim wouldn't raise any suspicion about it being a Suicide now would it??

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Feel for you.
    Never had neighbors that crazy.
    Get some “posted” no trespassing private property signs.
    Every time your cameras video “on to memory card” call police.
    Keep filing complaints.
    Also file complaint about him living in rv and not having sewage waste disposal if true. Or whether an rv can be stored and lived in on property due to local laws.
    I use Wyze cameras that use home internet and also simpli safe that uses it’s own WiFi.
    Just my opinion on what I would do.
    I would / do have a lawyer on retainer and stay armed.
    Hope it would never come to needing their service.
    Just my opinion

ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    Right now I'd trust a camera a lot more than I'd trust that guy. Is it even legal for him to permanently camp on his own property without water and sewer? I'm pretty much of the mind people should be able to do what they want on their own property but I'm sure AA County doesn't see it that way.
    Good luck.

+1 Look into encrypted systems

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    As long as he is living in the trailer next to you he's going to be a pain. There's only 3 options that will resolve this issue I think. 1. You move 2. He moves 3. He dies (He's in his 60s you say so hey maybe God will answer your prayers naturally.)

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    Have a surveyor out to do a boundary survey; post the boundaries with signs; inform him in writing that he is not invited into your property and keep a copy.

That’s the legal process part of what you should do. The practical part is probably to limit direct contact and avail yourself of police support if he continues to trespass on your property after it is marked and he’s been given notice (verbal or written) not to enter.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Too much to catch up on in this thread, but have you looked at the property lines using MD Merlin? Load it up and check the box private property boundaries. Where I'm at, its pretty accurate (within a few feet probably).

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    He can't legally live out of a camper in AA county unless he has a variance or is in a registered mobile home park.

Check the property records to see if he has a variance, that's your nuke if you need it.

Hell we had a guy near us do it for years. The situation didn't change until the bank foreclosed on the property and it was sold to someone else. They knew the situation getting into it. They watched, and then when they knew he was out and away, went in, hitched the camper up and drug it out to the road. The dude came, gathered a few clothes and moved on. I still see him driving around every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom