• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Home depot

I should have been more specific. It needs to be stretchy 1 to 1.5 mil black , embossed, and not folded over. I plan to lay this mechanically so the roll needs to the full width. Home depot has folded over 4 mill plastic in the paint section and super expensive woven landscape fabric in the garden section.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Just ordered seeds and pre ordered some plants including blackberry bare roots. Trying to get some stuff before everything sells out. Actually found fish peppers this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 7PM on channel 22 Maryland Farm and Harvest will a segment on fish peppers.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Does anyone know a store around carroll county that sells 1 mil embossed plastic mulch in 3' or 4' rolls that would be used for row crop weed suppression. I need about 400' and dont really want to go all out on a full 4000' roll, but the markup and shipping on smaller rolls is crazy.

I get mine in bulk online closest place I know is near harrisburg. If all you need is 400ft I have large rolls in westminster I could cut off 400ft for you

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Last year... First time I personally had a real garden. Turned out nice. Not impressive, nice.

Then I thought.. Am I really a "Prepper" if I need to go to a store to buy seeds, etc...

This year it is heirloom only. Keeping seeds from best producers and seeing if they grow. There is a longer plan, but stage one is not to buy things from the store including seeds to grow.

non-hybrid seeds captured to test this year. I will work on labeling and varieties. :)

Attachments

• seeds-test1.jpg
      seeds-test1.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 100

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I get mine in bulk online closest place I know is near harrisburg. If all you need is 400ft I have large rolls in westminster I could cut off 400ft for you

Thanks for the offer, but my gut says it is going to be way too much effort to roll 400 feet back up, then lay it back out again without a machine.

I saw that place in PA in my searches. I am thinking this year I will pay short roll tax, then if things work out good next year I will drive up or order a full roll.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Thanks for the offer, but my gut says it is going to be way too much effort to roll 400 feet back up, then lay it back out again without a machine.

I saw that place in PA in my searches. I am thinking this year I will pay short roll tax, then if things work out good next year I will drive up or order a full roll.

What machine are you using? I use them on a rainflo raised bed maker.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    What machine are you using? I use them on a rainflo raised bed maker.

I am not doing anything professional, just my hobby garden and my father's garden. My plan was to do two passes. First pass with a 5' tiller which would have a DIY "tiller hiller" behind it. This would produce 36" raised beds. Then I rigged something up out of scrap and two old moldboard coulters to lay the plastic based on the various youtube videos.

But now the cold weather has left me with time to think about trying come up with a single pass solution. I see there are a few commercial units that till and lay plastic in one pass but I have a different take on the idea that I want to play with.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I am not doing anything professional, just my hobby garden and my father's garden. My plan was to do two passes. First pass with a 5' tiller which would have a DIY "tiller hiller" behind it. This would produce 36" raised beds. Then I rigged something up out of scrap and two old moldboard coulters to lay the plastic based on the various youtube videos.

But now the cold weather has left me with time to think about trying come up with a single pass solution. I see there are a few commercial units that till and lay plastic in one pass but I have a different take on the idea that I want to play with.

Youll want something to lay the dirt over the edges of the plastic or the wind will take it while your still goin up the row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom