• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    For some strange reason I got an itch to buy a few colt ar-15's. I know the worst time in history to do this as the prices are threw the roof.

I went to the Frederick gun show today with my shopping list and actually found a used AR-15A3 6721 that looked pretty good and was within my price range. Most likely a police trade in.

I'm still looking for a 6920HBPW.

What has me puzzled is the flash hider. Never seen one like this and google was not much help. The flash hider just covers the 9 of the barrel engravings. I do not see any signs of a pin and weld.

Anyone have any ideas what I got here?

-Russ

Attachments

• 20210717_144759.jpg
      20210717_144759.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 224
    • 20210717_144813.jpg
      20210717_144813.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 218

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Reminds me of the collar used to mount an AEM5 suppressor, but it's not an exact match. Similar concept maybe?

2230fit.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    For some strange reason I got an itch to buy a few colt ar-15's. I know the worst time in history to do this as the prices are threw the roof.

I went to the Frederick gun show today with my shopping list and actually found a used AR-15A3 6721 that looked pretty good and was within my price range. Most likely a police trade in.

I'm still looking for a 6920HBPW.

What has me puzzled is the flash hider. Never seen one like this and google was not much help. The flash hider just covers the 9 of the barrel engravings. I do not see any signs of a pin and weld.

Anyone have any ideas what I got here?

-Russ

Whats the barrel length? Looks like its got wrench grooves so its threaded. Prob was a mid 90s model with no muzzle brake and no bayonet lug. Then they added that when the assault weapons ban expired

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom