• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I just picked up a Bergmann 1910/21 pistol yesterday and had a heck of a time trying to disassemble it for a good cleaning. The problem appears to be the fit of the recoil spring over the firing pin. It VERY tight. The spring is actually a 2 spring assembly with the firing pin spring riding inside of the recoil spring. Once I got everything all cleaned up it was a bear to re assemble, again because of the tightness in the fit of the recoil spring. Do any of you know of a place to get parts for these pistols or have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Attachments

• Bergmann_small.jpg
      Bergmann_small.jpg
      164.1 KB · Views: 142

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    It's a very cool pistol. Han Solo is jealous.
    Are you gonna shoot it?

I shoot everything I own, at least occasionally. In my opinion a firearm is meant to be shot (as long as it's safe). Otherwise you miss part of of the understanding of that firearm. Also, it's fun.:party29:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm jealous and angry, your first thought should have been to take more pics to share with us! Bergmans are such cool pistols. One of the latest NRA articles covers the early Bergmans, a good read.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I'm jealous and angry, your first thought should have been to take more pics to share with us! Bergmans are such cool pistols. One of the latest NRA articles covers the early Bergmans, a good read.

LOL. Here's the weird part of all this. I read the NRA article when the magazine came out last month and thought to myself, "man I would LOVE to have one of these, but I've never even seen one in real life. Even if I did, I doubt I could afford it." Then a week or so ago, I was in a small gun shop doing paperwork for a revolver. I glance in the small display case and my mouth fell open. By the grace of God, one was sitting there with what looked like an incredible price. It's now happy in my safe. I must be doing something right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom