• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So I know I could contact AAC, but users manual specifically says not to use prefragmented projectiles through an AAC Element.

Does that mean don’t use CCI Segmented rounds? Or do they mean something else?

The bit of internet sleuthing I’ve done I get “why risk it” as well as “well I’ve run thousands of CCI segmented rounds through my silencer and never had issues.

Asking in part because I’ve found CCI segmented subsonic and quiets are awesome for critter control and reduce ricochet risk.

I haven’t shit thousands of them, but in the hundreds I’ve shot I’ve never seen evidence of it fragmenting prior to striking something down range (though the segmented HV shoot like crap out of my 10/22. Though maybe with the new barrel it’ll shoot better. Like 5” groups at 50yds. Never had anything group that terribly).

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I wouldn't risk it. There are Quiets which are not segmented.

I think it may depend on the twist, each round CCI makes, and the speed it gets up to as to if it comes apart in the can.

Not worth the little gain to me as I would be the first one on the block to have it happen to if I tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom