• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is a M1A4?

Also, welcome to the forum.

It's a typo I should have caught. What I meant was the M16 and looking pictures it was probably the A2 and not the A4 but it doesn't matter, it was a long time ago and now I've got a hole puncher of my very own.

Thanks for the catch, I'll try to do better when giving specific model numbers, I know how important that is.

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    Congrats! I and my wife save lives for living so we hate to see lives wasted no matter the causes, including gun violence. She is absolutely anti guns and doesn't want my kids to know or see anything about guns that I have going on. But we respect each other opinions and found a common ground to live together. My point is I understand where you came from previously.
    Having said that, isn't it so fun to shoot? It is such a challenging and satisfying hubby especially if the gun you build and hours of training put you on the podium. Welcome!

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    OP, welcome aboard. I do have a question. I just can't imagine becoming anti after handling and shooting both a Thompson and an M16!

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    The PC9 takes Ruger Security 9 mags out of the box, so I got 4 more of them, and am thinking of the Security 9 for simple convenience. It also comes with an adapter to Glock mags, which would also be quite convenient.

Congrats on the PC9. Great gun. I love mine and it is my go to for when I bring new shooters to the range. In regards to what pistol to go with it . . . If you stick with Ruger that will not be a bad choice (read next paragraph). I purchased the Ruger SR9 and SR9c for partly the same reason you listed. No regrets and I am very happy with quality and reliability of those Ruger pistols and mags.

With that said . . . if I was to make the same decision today I would concede to the advice of others and go with Glock as the magazines are more compatible (with other firearms), plentiful / cheaper.

Regardless of what you choose, I don't think you can go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom