• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Thanks for posting! Looking forward to the outcome of the governor's decision to sign or strategically ignore becoming law.

A man who does not see color, only character. Green is the only color that matters!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not sure it's a good thing to tie pro-2A causes to unfunded mandates.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm not sure it's a good thing to tie pro-2A causes to unfunded mandates.

One has to admit, money makes the world go around.

If the bill was purely 2A, then the blood in the streets, or other heart string pulling excuse will be made

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't like this at all. They could call up the National Guard instead of letting you protect yourself as prescribed in the 2A. I guess the new saying there will be, "When seconds count, a soldier is just minutes away". I personally don't see where these 2 ideas should be a this or that mandate. We all should have the ability to protect ourselves outside of our homes. I don't care if there's 5 officers in my neighborhood, or 105. When an emergency arises and I need to protect myself, I should not have to wait for government help.

Give me a CCW any day!

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I think you are missing the point. In Tennessee there are quite a few restrictions for carry. You can't carry anywhere that serves alcohol, regardless of whether or not you are drinking. This would make a restaurant, for example, either provide metal detectors and an armed guard for security or they would have to allow patrons to carry in their restaurant.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    under the law proposed it is for city and county facilities, public owned spaces, not "public space" this would only be for city and county facilities. it prevents morons like the mayor of nashville to choose to continue to ban legal firearm carry in government places but then must provide a certain level of security, or choose to not spend the extra money on security and let lawful carry happen in government properties. in the article she cites a bus stop as hard to provide security and there are a lot of children.

this has no impact in privately owned public places. if the city or county wants to prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying a gun in a government (public) facility, then the government is responsible for providing security.

didn't we have a thread on this a few months back when it was proposed in the state legislature? the mayor of Nashville is a snowflake. regardless of that, Nashville is one of my favorite cities to visit. the mayor is just whining because the bill also threatens her ability to unlawfully restrict gun rights as it provides an easier avenue to sue and receive payment for unlawful restrictions the government places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom