• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Well damnit...guess I won't be shopping for a M&P Shield or XD-S any time soon.

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    I was so wrong. That’s why IANALOJ. I feel bad for those that can’t protect themselves and family by carrying. It just does not feel like they gave it any thought at all. I have never seen the courts make a decision so quick.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    And it is entirely possible that even if we win each appeal on the merits, each of those decisions could be stayed pending the next appeal, all the way till SCOTUS rules. So we could be denied our rights till 2014 on this. Right?

Possible. It's called a "stay of mandate" and yes it happens in high profile cases. That's up to the panel on the CA4. If they say no, then a cert. petitioner can ask the SCT to stay it pending consideration of a cert petition.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Amici file 7 days after the date of the brief of the party that they are supporting.

Yeah that I got...I just didn't know they list them all out on orders and rulings. I was under the working assumption that all those amici had filed in support of the stay and here we are getting ruling before the good guy amici had had a chance to file.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'm pretty much devastated, and ashamed that I let my heart rule my head!

After ALL the legal explanations about how slowly judicial wheels normally turn and the
    "warp" speed of Judge Legg, to see this stay granted within HOURS makes me want to vomit.

Nothing in this God forsaken State that isn't controlled by liberal demigods. CA4 is clearly pandering to the state and CLEARLY serving the interests of our Government not it's citizens. I think Gura could have saved his time and submitted a couple blank sheets of paper...it would have been treated with the same dismissive lack of consideration!

I HATE Maryland and I'm done....

I hear ya...and I feel the exact same way. Judges are supposed to do the honorable thing (not the will of the people as they are supposed to apply the law to individual issues). The downfall of Constitution with regards to ArIII is that it is damned near impossible to remove the bad ones.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The people by and large DO NOT like what this legislature is doing. There are too many people that breed that shouldn't and vote for their handouts.

Your second sentence contradicts your first. The people by and large are quite content as long as they get their bread and circuses.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Yeah that I got...I just didn't know they list them all out on orders and rulings. I was under the working assumption that all those amici had filed in support of the stay and here we are getting ruling before the good guy amici had had a chance to file.

No amici filed anything on the stay, on either side.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Your second sentence contradicts your first. The people by and large are quite content as long as they get their bread and circuses.

Well, the informed ones...yes you are correct...bread and circuses for the washed masses...resistance and non-compliance by those of us that understand "it."

Mr H

Banana'd
    And so, pending October, our attention now must swing back to defending our current position against mischief by the General Assembly starting 8 days from now.

Keep your powder dry and your phones/emails/faxs/visits ready to go...

Exactly, IMO...

I feel that the existing apps are still in the same state they were, so we just hold tight on those, and focus on limiting more legislative damage.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    . So we could be denied our rights till 2014 on this. Right?

And then when SCOTUS rules in MD's favor we will be screwed until eternity.

MD suck, we MUST change the legislature to remedy this. I said in 2010 that it would be 7 years or more before we could carry in MD and seeing the election in 2014 being the same ole same ole, we must wait until 2018 if ever.

Of course I could be suprised by SCOTUS ruleing in the peasants favor but after Obamacare who the F*** knows.

NOBODY

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Well you have to remember, Judges were once Lawyers and everyone knows all the jokes about them.. LOL

Sorry, esqappellate, patrick, and all other Advocates, except the lurkers...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The troll is gone.

Carry on.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    And then when SCOTUS rules in MD's favor we will be screwed until eternity.

MD suck, we MUST change the legislature to remedy this. I said in 2010 that it would be 7 years or more before we could carry in MD and seeing the election in 2014 being the same ole same ole, we must wait until 2018 if ever.

Of course I could be suprised by SCOTUS ruleing in the peasants favor but after Obamacare who the F*** knows.

NOBODY
    Be pretty damned daring if a vast majority of us (and by vast I mean 50k or more) just decided to ignore the legislature and show up at lawyers mall carrying long guns on our backs...

Yes, I know, that would bring instant hurt and breaks the whole protest law garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom