• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    So does anyone know if Remington stopped making Accutip Sabot Slugs for deer hunting. Strange that they are out of stock everywhere! I hope this isn’t a case of folks buying these as defensive rounds because there is no 00 left on the shelf

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    If you need some and we can work out the logistics, I may have a box or two or three that you can have them at cost. I'm on the Eastern Shore outside Ocean City. I'm out of town until Monday or Tuesday so I can confirm what I have at that time.

I realize this doesn't answer your actual question but figured it might be helpful.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Hey Stevie Boy

Thanks for the offer. I have enough for this season but I was just shocked to see them out of stock everywhere.

And if it gets to the point where I need to seek some out, I’ve got enough 9mm and 5.56 stockpiled that I’m sure I can find someone willing to barter .

Thanks again for the kind offer though. Good luck this hunting season.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    You are joking? Right?

I mean about wondering why they’re out of stock?

So does anyone know if Remington stopped making Accutip Sabot Slugs for deer hunting. Strange that they are out of stock everywhere! I hope this isn’t a case of folks buying these as defensive rounds because there is no 00 left on the shelf

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    You are joking? Right?

I mean about wondering why they’re out of stock?

No. I’m not joking. I mean I understand the rush to buy defensive rounds but seriously? Sabot slugs designed to be shot out of a rifled barrel only and meant for deer hunting?

I mean if folks want to stockpile stuff at 3 bucks a round for defensive purposes be my guest but LOL never thought it would get this crazy that folks are snapping up sabot slugs like toilet paper.

Last edited:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    While I've heard many stories about quality control issues with Remington firearms...I haven't heard anything negative regarding Remington ammunition. The QC issues have been going on for some time...no doubt bankruptcy proceedings haven't helped.

I've seen for years people criticize Remington ammunition (primarily rimfire)...I've not had any negative experiences with their ammunition. The market is in turmoil now for reasons already known and discussed...Remington is probably very busy making all they can and probably the ones most in demand at the expense of other, less popular rounds.

vipor5

Jul 9, 2020
    Maryland, Cheltenham
    Many similar issues as I also was searching some of these things out as my rifle loves them. I was able to locate a bunch of the 3 inch version and learned that my rifle likes the 2.75 version a lot better.

I have several boxes of the 3" I will gladly trade for the 2.75"

They are also available if you would like to acquire a couple boxes.

Seams they are going for the more politically correct solid copper slugs.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    I purchased a savage 220 about 7? Years ago. Shortly after the accutip disappeared from the shelves. Luckily for me I got a couple of boxes first. I called Remington and they said they didn’t abandon the cartridge, but wouldn’t be producing it for a long time.

During the 2018 hunting season it started showing up again so I stocked up.

Sounds like it is at the bottom of the production list again.

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    I think I saw someone selling them on the classified. Not sure how good the price is. *Oops. Some mentioned that already *

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I’ve been checking around a bit for 2 3/4 Accutips, with no success. Anyone have experience with these slugs for the Savage 220?
    https://www.remington.com/ammunition/shotshell/slugs/premier-expander-sabot-slugs
    Did you try finfeatherfur above? I had a "notify me" with them. Just out of curiosity, I checked with them last week and scored three boxes(to bolster my existing supply). I came here to post about it after ordering and saw jr88's post.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Tuckahoe had a nice selection when I was there last Friday.

Also had a bunch of pistol ammo, including .357 sig, which someone was looking for recently. No 9mm.

Also have/had 200 rounds of 7.62x51 for $225.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom