• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I recently read a blog posting making the case that 2A exists to ensure that citizens have the right to the same weapons that the state might use against them. I find this generally persuasive. It did raise a question in my mind. Do MD state and county (and local) police use tactical rifles that are semi-automatic or are they select fire? No offense to LE officers intended - just wondering.

The posting:

http://wolffiles.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-crush-democrats-dumb-gun-control.html

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Majority are hand down military, or new departmental, select fire. In MSPs case, department issue are select fire exmilitary rifles, but officers can carry personal semi autos after approved to do so.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks. That's interesting to know. I thought the argument was a good one. Since the framers were as unlikely to propose a constitutional amendment regarding hunting as they would have been to propose one to protect farming and personal defense would have gone without saying as police forces were forty years in the future, that pretty much leaves citizen defense from the state.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Some departments do have select fire. They got a sweet deal on them I'm sure. These are departmental.

To curb costs, some departments offer personal rifle programs. Those would be semi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom