• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    yup read about this at 5am..........totally bummed. The place was a hole in the wall but pretty cool and the only actual BAR and BAR only in MoCo.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I hung out during the summer with Hank Dietle's son when I was young. I lived across the street from his niece for years.

One of the last vestiges of old Mo Co..

Bummer

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    It'll be interesting to see if they try to rebuild. Even if they do, it won't be the same until another 30-year layer of grime accumulates.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It will look like every other commercial building in Montgomery County.

Glass with shite brown trim.

the old days are gone.

Attachments

• _S4A5123.jpg
      _S4A5123.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 502
    • HankDietles-6b9088cd.jpeg
      HankDietles-6b9088cd.jpeg
      21.1 KB · Views: 563

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    By the title alone, I was wonder a: who is Hank Dietle and b: did he die or something?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If you're a guy or gal from MoCo and don't give a click with "Hank Dietle's" alone.. Not worthy..

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I went to Blair and two “Dietle” twins were in my class. I knew Hank back in the day and he was a crazy dude (also at Blair but a couple of years ahead of me). If I remember correctly (and I could be mistaken), the bar had been named either Pop Dietles or just Dietles and they changed it to Hanks after he passed away.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Last time I drank beer and shot pool there I had no shirt on and hair down to my arse.

Only thing that sucked about that place was the inability to take a left out of there... I've seen people try though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The one in Montgomery Hills was owned by another Dietle. I lived across from the owners daughter for several years in Derwood.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I've smoked many a cigarette and cigar on that porch, but ALWAYS made it a point to put my smokes out with a dash of beer or water... So sad. I'm prayin they rally and folks talk them into rebuilding, maybe with a kitchen inside, instead of just $15 a meal food trucks out side. Didn't they just remodel recently too? Developers have been after that property for years. Forgive the tinfoil thoughts, but maybe one of them did this on purpose. --JB

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm sorry to hear of a neighborhood watering hole going up in flames. Those places can be a great benefit to a community. I guess it's too early to find out if they plan on rebuilding?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I've smoked many a cigarette and cigar on that porch, but ALWAYS made it a point to put my smokes out with a dash of beer or water... So sad. I'm prayin they rally and folks talk them into rebuilding, maybe with a kitchen inside, instead of just $15 a meal food trucks out side. Didn't they just remodel recently too? Developers have been after that property for years. Forgive the tinfoil thoughts, but maybe one of them did this on purpose. --JB

What happened to the kitchen ? It's been a lonnnnng time since I was there but they used to make a killer chili and the occasional pork brisket. That was sheer torture sitting in there at night smelling the pork cooking and couldn't get any because it wouldn't be ready until the next day

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    The floors were canted and creaked as I recall. It was a decrepit old place.
    It probably still had paper insulated wiring from the 1920s or '30s in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom