MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I mean, if we're doing a wish-list/advice thing here:

• Inexpensive (ie, sub $75) stripped lowers
    • 80% Kits (Polymer 80, etc)
    • A good selection of reasonably priced used guns
    • Inexpensive transfers for items you don't stock.*
    • A selection that gives a wide price range. Not everyone is willing to shell out $$$$ for a gun. Keep some basics no-frills stuff on hand.

I know you'll have overhead, labor, and inventory costs to deal with, but if you can price competitively, stock reasonably priced stripped lowers, a good stock of used and not-too-expensive used guns, and provide reasonable transfer fees for items you don't stock, you'll see me there on the regular.

There is nothing that irks me more than a store trying to force me to buy a much more expensive alternative product that they have on the shelves or can "special order" instead of just charging a reasonable fee for a transfer and let me get exactly what I want for a good price and have it transferred. They're driving away future sales with me instead of taking the easy money it brings in.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    If you really want to differentiate yourselves from other MoCo dealers I strongly encourage you to carry reloading supplies, poweder, bullets, cases etc.... Currently us reloaders have to go to AA or Charles county to obtain powders/bullets.

Thirding this. I order my bullets online and use filthy range pickup brass, but I would love to be able to get powder/primers locally. Right now I typically go down to Green Top, which is lovely but a bit of a hike. That's pretty much the only thing that would make me check you out in addition to my LGS of choice (United.)

Jul 13, 2014
    We can always use another one. Mainly, friendly!
    Transfers and special order-friendly please! I'd drive up there, my childhood home, just to do business with nice people.

We do consider ourselves friendly :party29:. We are going to have the transfers and special orders of cause.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    So Alex, when is this going to happen? I have some items to consign and might as well be one of the MDS first triers. Nope, I won't ping a new business if things aren't perfectly smooth, I understand startup and growing pains.
    D

Jul 13, 2014
    So Alex, when is this going to happen? I have some items to consign and might as well be one of the MDS first triers. Nope, I won't ping a new business if things aren't perfectly smooth, I understand startup and growing pains.
    D

We are in the process of finding place for the store. As you can guess not too many landlords are willing to lease to a gun store. I expect it to be a month or two more. We can list it on-line for you. We also will pack and ship it on your behalf. Anyway, you can PM me and we can continue this discussion.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'd recommend focusing on volume rather than prices. Too many stores act like the internet doesn't exist out there, I see GymRatz moving a lot and quickly for very fair prices, unfortunately too far from me to make the drive.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'd recommend focusing on volume rather than prices. Too many stores act like the internet doesn't exist out there, I see GymRatz moving a lot and quickly for very fair prices, unfortunately too far from me to make the drive.

I did it - just under 1.5 hours each way. Well worth the trip!

-John

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom