• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nknacd

Nov 16, 2008
    where can i get my trust notarized? I bought my trust from Arsenal Attorneys and now i have to get it notarized but don't know where to go. Also, it has a spot for two witnesses, do I need to bring my own witnesses?

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I got my trust notarized at a BB&T Bank in Southern Maryland. We tried to go first to my wife's bank which is Cedar Point Federal Credit Union, but they wouldn't do it. From what I understand most banks will, just apparently, Cedar Point can not for any reason provide good customer service. My trust didn't have a place for witnesses, so I'm not sure if you need to bring them. I guess it would depend on your trust.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    BB&T did mine they provided the witnesses. No charge if you have an account. This was in Carroll County you may want to give your local branch a call.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    thanks for the info, i bank at Navy Fed anyone know if they have notaries?

You can probably call and ask. And as was mentioned, a lot of gun stores - particularly SOTs - have notaries on staff for just this sort of thing. Nate at Engage (in Rockville) is a notary, and Free State has a couple of notaries on staff (White Marsh). Getting it done in a gun store also lessens the potential for "what's this, guns? I don't like guns!" type conversations in a bank or somewhere.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    We did ours at M&T. Also opened a checking account there, and they even let us use a computer to get an EIN.

They also supplied the witnesses.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Be sure you get the witnesses signatures. Most legal docs that have a place for two witness sigs REQUIRE they both be signed. The notary can be one of the two.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom