• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I may be in the market for one. It must be durable and well built and be able to be taken apart for cleaning. Ive been doing a bit of reading but it's like comparing apples and oranges. I thought I'd tap into the brain trust here hoping to narrow my focus.
    TIA

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Why not take a flyer on the new company thats making them for 99 bucks? Veteran owned.

If they had one for 300 blk I wod have alreadt ordered.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Why not take a flyer on the new company thats making them for 99 bucks?

Mostly because the cost to the consumer is $99 + $200 transfer tax + ~$75 dealer's fee + ~$50 fingerprinting = ~$425. With suppressors, you should always buy the very best your budget will permit. The "floor charge" of taxes and fees makes it uneconomical to buy anything else.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Were I starting from scratch, I'd be looking at the Silencerco lineup. One point to watch out for is whether or not you want to shoot anything else (like 5.7 x 28) through it. Also watch the weight...clapping a 6-7 ounce can may not sound like much, but on a pistol it can get pretty heavy after a while.

My picks, starting from scratch and purely for .22LR? I'd consider either a Silencerco Osprey Micro, or a Warlock. The Sparrow has a good reputation. The AAC Element II is another possibility. The Bowers Paradigm is another good can...he licensed the design of the old SWR Omega. I've got one of those, it's quite nice.

At this time, .22LR suppressors are like ARs - all the top makers are putting out products with very similar performance. Just know what you are buying.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I agree on the Silencercos. I've had sparrow for while and love it. I have SpectreII locked up at ffl.

I couldn't tell much difference between the two at the ear but, SpectreII is said to be quieter and less FRP. Sparrow is monocore which is nice for sonic cleaner or DIP.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I don't have any first hand experience with it but, it might be worth looking at the dead air mask hd. I did a lot of review reading and watched hours of YouTube videos and this is the 22 can I chose. I did the paperwork on it in April and as soon as the tax stamp comes in I will do a review. I put my hands on several 22 cans and the two that I liked the most were the sparrow and the mask hd. The mask per all of the reviews has almost no first round pop while the sparrow has a noticeable frp.
    If you are trying to beat the new trust regs I would start calling around to see what's in stock and them make your decision from there. If you are not worried about beating the deadline I would wait until late July as there will probably be deals to be had because there are none to be had currently.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Tactical Solutions Axiom is a very nice can !! It has a thin sleeve that keeps everything from getting stuck together ( lead , powder, ect) they are full auto rated as well with 17-4 baffles.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Another factor to consider is exactly what you want to shoot through the can. Some cans are rated for .22LR/semi auto...others for full auto, 5.7x28, .22 centerfire cartridges, etc. The latter capabilities come at a cost in both price tag and weight. Especially weight.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Mostly because the cost to the consumer is $99 + $200 transfer tax + ~$75 dealer's fee + ~$50 fingerprinting = ~$425. With suppressors, you should always buy the very best your budget will permit. The "floor charge" of taxes and fees makes it uneconomical to buy anything else.

What dealer charges $75 for a suppressor transfer? I got quoted $200 and then found one who "only " will charge me $125. Who does them for $75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom