• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BadKarma

Apr 28, 2015
    Parkville, MD
    Just get a Chinese copy , replace the bolt sometime. And enjoy it. Before MSP realizes how retarded our gun laws are.

I guess I will go this route most likely. Will the Chinese parts fit and play nicely in other stocks without needed modification such as the EBR in your picture or will they need some custom work (likely outside my ability) done and if so where would you point me towards?

I was considering an EBR but think i am leaning more towards the classic look.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I guess I will go this route most likely. Will the Chinese parts fit and play nicely in other stocks without needed modification such as the EBR in your picture or will they need some custom work (likely outside my ability) done and if so where would you point me towards?

Buy it, shoot it first before you start spending big bucks on mods.

Get a compensator for it, extra mags, ammo, maybe a 40 buck trigger job and enjoy. Goodluck with your quest.

BadKarma

Apr 28, 2015
    Parkville, MD
    Also to clarify are other US made options potentially legal or all knocked out under copy cat lists... things like LBR, Fulton, SEI? Not sure which build their own receiver and parts vs using Springfield stuff

BadKarma

Apr 28, 2015
    Parkville, MD
    The problem is that I am not seeing any complete Norinco or Polytech rifles on GunBroker and not sure where else to go searching. Figure it may be easier to get the parts and put it in the housing I want.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    If you modify the receiver to take a standard bolt, you have created a banned firearm, as it is now a COPY of the M1A.

The reason the Polytech is legal is that it is not directly parts swappable. Change that, and you change the status.

Then you hand fit a usgi bolt into the receiver. Leave the receiver intact.

Nope. The gas system is not interchangeable. That's the main difference more so than the bolt. Chinese bolts are soft, not a different spec.

The barrel threads are also metric on the Poly and Norinco, aren't they!?!?!?!?! :shrug::shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The problem is that I am not seeing any complete Norinco or Polytech rifles on GunBroker and not sure where else to go searching. Figure it may be easier to get the parts and put it in the housing I want.

2 weeks ago, Top Gun in Fallston had one. I didn't see the price. I wander through there periodically. If I see it again, I'll let you know.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

There's a minor tweak at the rear of the op rod that USGI stocks sometimes need.

Also to clarify are other US made options potentially legal or all knocked out under copy cat lists... things like LBR, Fulton, SEI? Not sure which build their own receiver and parts vs using Springfield stuff

All banned as copycats.

The barrel threads are also metric on the Poly and Norinco, aren't they!?!?!?!?! :shrug::shrug:

Nope, gas system.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Nope. The gas system is not interchangeable. That's the main difference more so than the bolt. Chinese bolts are soft, not a different spec.

From what I understand, the bolts do not interchange without some work.

And while I have heard of the soft bolts, I have also seen reports that no one has actually had a problem with a bolt.

No dog in this fight. I got my Springfield a lot of years ago. :)

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

You can have your cake and eat it too. Polytech M14s for the win.

uploadfromtaptalk1450845680321.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    From what I understand, the bolts do not interchange without some work.

And while I have heard of the soft bolts, I have also seen reports that no one has actually had a problem with a bolt.

No dog in this fight. I got my Springfield a lot of years ago. :)

The metric gas gas system is the big difference. I've heard mixed stories about the bolts as well. I got a backup Springfield in 2013 just in case....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom