• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Royal farms is nothing compared to Sheetz and there are a couple of them in that area. That’s my guess anyway.

I love Rofo coffee, particularly the Jamaican Blue Mountain. IMHO, Sheetz coffee doesn't hold a candle to Rofo's. Neither does Wawa's for that matter.

A Royal Farms store opened on Rosemont ave recently

Sounds like they may have just moved to a larger/better location. That would make more sense than just leaving Frederick completely. That store on Buckeystown Pike was a lot smaller than the typical Royal Farms.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Why would they shut down a store they just built ??

The plan was to use the existing building and carwash and tear down and rebuild later . The schedule got bumped up due to maintenance reasons So there will be a brand new store and carwash coming soon .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    The plan was to use the existing building and carwash and tear down and rebuild later . The schedule got bumped up due to maintenance reasons So there will be a brand new store and carwash coming soon .

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I was coming down Buckeystown Pike yesterday and noticed the entrances were all blocked-off. Didn't see any signs saying 'Coming Soon', etc. A full-size Rofo will be more than a welcome addition to South Frederick.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I went in the day before the closed. Just said they were shutting down to do a remodel of the station.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I was coming down Buckeystown Pike yesterday and noticed the entrances were all blocked-off. Didn't see any signs saying 'Coming Soon', etc. A full-size Rofo will be more than a welcome addition to South Frederick.

I like the one in Urbana. Same drive time to the one on 85, but it is easier in and out for me. Also, they generally don't leave stuff sitting for very long.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yeah, that was my impression too. I'd take Popeyes any day over what I got there.

Repent harlequin! :whip:

Don't be hatin on the yardbird, yo. If you get it within 5-10 minutes of coming out of the fryer, Rofo Shicken is almost a zen-like dining experience.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    hoagiefest2015.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    And wawa for hoooooooagies:yummy:

Except the WaWa on 355 just north of the Monocacy constantly pisses me off during the fall/winter season. I go there for a hot turkey bowl or a gobbler, but they constantly don't have it on the menu there during the Thanksgiving/Xmas season. One day it'll be on, the next it won't. If I want a cold sub, I'll just go up the road to Jersey Mike's.

I'll second Sheetz as the king of gas-station grub. The Pepperoni Rollerz are the next best thing to a Country Club Bakery Pepperoni Roll.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Royal Farms seems to really be targeting Frederick. A zoning sign, a few months back, at the corner of Gas House Pike and Monocacy, not far from Nicolock facility, said a Royal Farms was going in there. Nothing at all has been done but maybe they're waiting for the Monocacy River Bridge to reopen in 2019.

Anyway, I was on Monocacy Blvd. this morning headed towards Costco and saw a commercial sign on some vacant property mentioning retail and another Royal Farms. This is the vacant stretch of land between 144 and Reichs Ford Road sort behind the existing strip mall where the Fractured Prune donut shop is located.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Royal Farms seems to really be targeting Frederick. A zoning sign, a few months back, at the corner of Gas House Pike and Monocacy, not far from Nicolock facility, said a Royal Farms was going in there. Nothing at all has been done but maybe they're waiting for the Monocacy River Bridge to reopen in 2019.

Anyway, I was on Monocacy Blvd. this morning headed towards Costco and saw a commercial sign on some vacant property mentioning retail and another Royal Farms. This is the vacant stretch of land between 144 and Reichs Ford Road sort behind the existing strip mall where the Fractured Prune donut shop is located.

Bloody hell, if they put a RoFo there, I'm going to be lost. Sheetz for hot chocolate and sammiches/subs, RoFo for fries and fried chicken.

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    Sheetz>Wawa>Royal Farms, but RoFo is still fantastic. I don't understand how these types of places (gas stations with touchscreen food) aren't all over the entire world. Convenience, quality, not absurdly expensive, and now they even have legitimate espresso machines (not sure about RoFo). I only recently moved back to the Mid Atlantic, and I really missed these places when I was away. Like I indicated above, I prefer Sheetz and Wawa, but I would have sold my soul just to have a Royal Farms nearby.

Royal Farms should start expanding Westward now, before the other ones beat them to it.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Is it just me or, is it taking entirely too long for the new Rofo on Buckeystown Pike to re-open?

I wants my shicken. I wants my Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, mon. And I don't wants to have to drive all the way down to Urbana or all the way up to 7th Street to get it. The Buckeystown Pike location is < 2 miles from my house. C'mon Rofo! What if I stop-by and nail a shingle down on your roof if that'll help? I'm willing to work for free at this point. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom