• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Every month a couple guns from a large collection are hitting the market in PA. Many of these guns are m4 or a3/a4 forgings, which didn't exist in 1986. Some of the roll marks combine roll mark styles from different eras. Seems like someone remanufactured them and used pre 1986 serial numbers, which is a no no.

They are linked to Vahan from autoweapons. Vahan is in jail for another scheme he got caught in.

Forgive my ignorance but how is this possible? Wouldn't whoever "remanufactured" the guns have to have legally owned the originals prior to the ban?

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I bought a Group Industries Uzi subgun - purely as an investment, I've nowhere to shoot the thing. Paid ~$11K after all taxes, fees, etc.

There's one on Gunbroker now with $14.5K bid. Not a fantasy sale price, but actually bid. Prices are going absolutely nuts! I could sell this thing and turn a 25% profit...in well under a year!

Which is more than a bit absurd.

I paid $199 each for my Fleming HK Auto sears, $595 for my M11, $800 for the AC 556 F and $600 for a Sten. I want 1990-1992 back again!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Can't happen. This is Federal law, not ATF regulation.

Personally, I'm a big supporter of the Machinegun Market Destruction Act. It repeals 922(o), thereby destroying the value of non-C&R MGs as investment collectibles and thus reducing demand/interest.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Back in 2001 or 2002 I was at a gun show in Upper Marlboro and was offered a great deal on a package of 6 NFA items. A dealer said he was going to be closing down his shop and was trying to get rid of the rest of his inventory. He offered me two full autos a Uzi and a Mac new in the box with factory silencers and 2 regesterd Sears for m16's for $3500. I had the money and I was ready to do the paperwork on them until...... He did a terrible job of explaining how the tax stamps worked. He told me it would be $1,200 for the tax stamps and I would have to pay $1,200 each year after that to keep right with the law. I quickly walked away from the deal thinking that in 3 years the tax stamps would cost more than my initial purchase.
    I had no idea about the process as I had never even looked at full autos prior to that day. Until becoming a member here I thought that is how things worked so I never looked at full autos again. It's to late now as prices are way out of my price range. I would love to see that guy again so I could smack him in the mouth for giving me bad info.
    MDS where were you 15 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom