• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAJon

Oct 21, 2014
    Silver Spring Maryland
    Midway just had them for less than $0.06 ($0.073 shipped)per round.

I checked them yesterday/their gone/no back order/no date when will have/limit 2X500 per order.

thanks for the ref.
    they always seem to have good pricing/have bought from them b4.

link to "the Guide" about a year ago there was a sock drawer first year second generation 45 colt single action 4 3/4 barrel for $3500, that had belonged to the sellers dad.
    wish I had the funds but it was sold

http://www.theguide.com/?gclid=CNf8xoamsLwCFY9lOgodMT4ATw

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I checked them yesterday/their gone/no back order/no date when will have/limit 2X500 per order.

thanks for the ref.
    they always seem to have good pricing/have bought from them b4.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post and thought that you were asking for price comparison reasons.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    he was.

and for the record they have come back in a few weeks... i picked up 2 bricks last time.. and 2 bricks yesterday when they had them...

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    They come in semi-regularly @ Gander Mtn. Seem every 2 weeks I go in and find more than I need. It goes fairly quickly, but it hangs around for a couple of days and new stock comes in regularly.

Sorry my last post was a bit abrupt, but the guys out there like the one in the guide is the main reason 22 ammo isn't even more widespread around here. If folks quit buying from the gougers at these crazy prices, they'll find another hobby and leave the ammo in the store for us to buy.

Also, welcome to the forum. I was the guy over on SingleActions (bisleyfan41 over there) who offered advice to you about getting the JRH BFR on the roster. Glad you finally got one.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Does anyone here need .22 Short? They are new production Winchester round nose.

I found them at one of the Dick's while looking for the Remington Buckets they had on sale. They were marked wrong and I was able to buy a brick at a very good price. I am more then happy to pass the savings on to someone that can use them. I really don't have a use for them.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014

I found them at one of the Dick's while looking for the Remington Buckets they had on sale. They were marked wrong and I was able to buy a brick at a very good price. I am more then happy to pass the savings on to someone that can use them. I really don't have a use for them.

What price? In the Neanderthal days, my dads' Remington pump shot shorts longs and long rifle, all of which were readily available. Shorts were the cheapest and fine for plinking, plus you could cram more in the tubular mag. Longs more expensive and LR the most, tho' still less than .02 cents a round.
    The tin cans we shot at (pre aluminum can days) didn't care if it was a lr or a short.

gc27

Aug 5, 2014
    Calvert County

My winchester 74 in 22 short only is getting pretty hungry...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    They normally sell for $4.95 per 50 round box. I will sell for $2.50 a box of 50 or $25 for the brick. This will be local pick up only. I live in Waldorf. BigDaddy your first in line if you like the price, GC27 your on deck if BigDaddy doesn't want them.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    They normally sell for $4.95 per 50 round box. I will sell for $2.50 a box of 50 or $25 for the brick. This will be local pick up only. I live in Waldorf. BigDaddy your first in line if you like the price, GC27 your on deck if BigDaddy doesn't want them.

Mdeng, that is very generous of you to pass the savings along to a fellow MDSer rather than gouge a stranger on Gunbroker. Kudos to you.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.

I saw some of those at Hafer's in Hagerstown last week. I thought they were old stock. Didn't think anyone used .22 short anymore.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I saw some of those at Hafer's in Hagerstown last week. I thought they were old stock. Didn't think anyone used .22 short anymore.

I know a few people that have old .22 short only guns. They are few and far between but they are still out there. I already checked with them and everyone had plenty of ammo on hand (they don't shoot them often).

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon

I know a few people that have old .22 short only guns. They are few and far between but they are still out there. I already checked with them and everyone had plenty of ammo on hand (they don't shoot them often).

My kids rifle is a Savage Rascal. Shoots short, long, LR.

Shorts are very quiet which the young ones like.

m_ev

Mar 22, 2013
    Abingdon Wal Mart had 1000 rd boxes of winchester M22 for $53

I spoke with an employee and he told me they have been getting shipments of 22 ammo in regularly.

Last edited:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Brownell's just sent out a notification that they have 500 round bricks of .22 LR at the confiscatory price of $59.99 plus shipping.

"Rimfire cartridges made by CI of Mexico. High velocity with non-corosive primers and smokeless powder. Brass cased and copper plated bullets. Each brick contains 500 rounds of rimfire ammuntion, 10 Individual 50 round boxes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom