• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Good luck to you, but I'd be wary of ordering any hard-to-find ammo on Cheaper than Dirt. Twice I had my order go through and confirmed to be "processing", only to receive an email a few days later that my order could not be fulfilled and would be cancelled. Unfortunately I had passed on several other opportunities that had come up in the meantime.

Hope you get it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Got it yesterday...ordered it last week. Maybe they are getting caught up? :party29:

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I'm shooting bolt action 22's to make myself conserve ammo. Have another 3500 or so sitting around. If a good deal on some federal or cci blazer comes up, I'll bite. Other than that, I'm just limiting myself.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Same. I've got enough .22lr to last at least a dozen range trips, or a few months. 9mm not so much but I'm okay with sticking to 22.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    They just had 30 or so that came in saturday morning too. Looks like there getting in regular shipments its just not staying long. haha

things are maybe looking up a bit, but 30 bricks is still just 10 customers. in this drought, i cant imagine anyone buying just one. every purchase will be a limit purchase. 3 per customer per day.

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    things are maybe looking up a bit, but 30 bricks is still just 10 customers. in this drought, i cant imagine anyone buying just one. every purchase will be a limit purchase. 3 per customer per day.

Dont get me wrong its not much at all. I picked up my 3 and was hoping for a shift change later in the day so i could pick up more but it was gone by the time i stopped back in, which was maybe a 3 hour window. It seems to be coming in more regularly i guess, before the madness it would get picked over within a weeks time maybe.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Agreed. I know they ramped up production a bit. And the stimulus in this industry is fantastic. By the same token. For $46 why not just buy 3 bricks. So theres a bit of that " i'm not going through this again" mentality maybe. Maybe the horders have gotten their fill? In any case its nice to do a little guilt free shooting again.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Agreed. I know they ramped up production a bit. And the stimulus in this industry is fantastic. By the same token. For $46 why not just buy 3 bricks. So theres a bit of that " i'm not going through this again" mentality maybe. Maybe the horders have gotten their fill? In any case its nice to do a little guilt free shooting again.

I'd buy em, but that's just because I like to blow through a lot of ammo at a time with a 22.

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville

I here you. I've noticed some of the stuff online thats a little more expensive is sitting longer so hopefully.

I'd buy em, but that's just because I like to blow through a lot of ammo at a time with a 22.

I'm still waiting for msp so I can pickup my ruger. But I know I'll blow through some rounds so im trying to pick up some as I go.

What Walmart I'm in need of .22

I havnt seen any in months in stores. :innocent0
    Check the central md thread. Theres a bass pro walmart ammo sitting. You can follow that or get lucky and walk in at the right time.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Walmart in my area has been out for some time.... or at least I don't sit around like a hawk waiting for the ammo delivery

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I admit Ive been buying as much .22 as I can because I dont like feeling guilty after shooting 100 dollars in ammo on one outing. I also find it more fun most of the time.

GoPackGo

Discount Double Check
    Feb 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    At the local Gander Mtn, my friend got word a shipment was coming in Monday morning and within uhh...lets call it 90 seconds of opening all the stock was gone. Not sure how frequently they get deliveries, but if you are really desperate, maybe hit them up every day you can as soon as they open and try not to be taken unawares by the Black Friday like frenzy that occurs! From the sound of it there is a brief window(45 sec :sad20:) while everyone flocks the other calibers and the the focus shifted to .22lr

Good luck!

gazingwa

Van Down By The River
    Jan 24, 2013
    Sussex County, DE
    I stopped by Salisbury Gander Mountian at 9:05 this morning, I was walking in and someone said it was all sold out. There was line at 8:00.... luckily i found someone changing their mind on 4 boxes, I handed 2 out to some other people in the same boat as me and kept 2 :party29:

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I saw that the Gun Shack in Mt Airy has CCI Standard velocity bricks (500 rnds) for only $45...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom