• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    I looked through the industry partner section but didn't see anything

I'm looking for any upcoming level one carbine and / or pistol classes

i'm taken the md ccw training from LTTC (recommended by a local gun shop) and now i want to go to the next level

does anyone have any classes coming up?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    2-3 hours from DC

I live in Frederick MD

FPF Training in Culpeper has become my go-to. John Murphy puts on great classes and hosts a "who's who" of nationally recognized instructors all year. I've already signed up for three classes he's hosting in 2018. www.fpftraining.com

Also in that area check out Green Ops. Mike Green and his people are the real deal. Mike is a former Green Beret and worked with, uh, other government agencies, is a high level competitive shooter, a fine teacher, and a nice guy, the classic quiet professional. I especially like them for carbine work, but I do plan to explore their pistol classes at some point. I plan to take at least one course with Green Ops in 2018. www.green-ops.com

You can find reviews of classes I've taken with them (or those they've hosted) in the AARs section of my blog here:
    https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress.com/category/aars/

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    any recommendations a little closer to Baltimore? I'm looking for Basic rifle/carbine class for 2

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Check out Rockwell Tactical. They do courses usually in PA but the location varies.

They have a lot of different courses, and some great staff.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    we've got a course in April: www.ddctraining.net

Are you referring to the DDC Reactive Gunfighting - Rifle class?

I looked you up but we don't have prior rifle experience. We both took a day of pistol class last year and I've taken a few other classes over the years.

However, your site says, "In order to attend this DDC Basic Reactive Gunfighting-Rifle course students must be able to provide proof of previous experience. Such proof may include certificates for NRA Basic Rifle, other DDC firearms courses, or proof of attendance for a carbine course from a recognized organization i.e. Academi."

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Check out Rockwell Tactical. They do courses usually in PA but the location varies.

They have a lot of different courses, and some great staff.

Thanks. I sent the info to my friend. However their Rifle 101 class is on Fridays. Which would be great if we stayed the weekend for the more advanced classes. But with young kids at home, I think a one day trip is enough.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Definitely a drought of classes in MD

Yes, but MD is also a small state. The world does not end at the state line. There tend to be an assortment of classes every year that are an hour or two away from most Marylanders in VA, PA, and WV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom