• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Just saw this thread.. I joined Saturday 2/17, took the tour. Looks really nice and so were the people. Cant wait to shoot there.

I was there signing up as well. Might even have chatted a bit with you, as I was talking to a Harford guy. I haven’t been able to get out there yet to shoot though. Nice setup and equal distance for me to there or Elk Neck. Really glad this forum pointed it out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I got the news letter today and see there are six Appleseed events on this years schedule. A great introduction for new shooters.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Is the membership fee per person or do they have a family rate?

The membership fee is for a single member $100 initially $75 every year after. A member can bring family free of any additional fees. Great deal. You can also bring non family just be responsible for everyone's safety. Of course, member must always be present.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Bump as a reminder that Sunday March 18 is the next to the last chance to join SLCFSA this year. See the original post in this thread, #1, for dates and a link for information.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Unless there are any unforeseen circumstances, I will be there! Will definitely be rough though, working until 2am Sunday. Oh well, it should be worthwhile and I can sleep when I'm dead (or just when my daughter is napping mid day)!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bump as a reminder that Sunday March 18 is the next to the last chance to join SLCFSA this year. See the original post in this thread, #1, for dates and a link for information.

I have had plans to make every one of those dates and something has always come up. This Saturday, yes, you guessed it. The insurance adjuster is coming to my house on Sunday at 11am to look at the roof.

I sure hope that nothing gets in my way for the April walk through.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have had plans to make every one of those dates and something has always come up. This Saturday, yes, you guessed it. The insurance adjuster is coming to my house on Sunday at 11am to look at the roof.

I sure hope that nothing gets in my way for the April walk through.

Give the membership chair a call and he might be able to work something out. Stuff happens to everyone so it is worth a try and shows your heart is in the right place and you are trying.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Give the membership chair a call and he might be able to work something out. Stuff happens to everyone so it is worth a try and shows your heart is in the right place and you are trying.

Thanks. Can you send me a PM with his name. I'd appreciate that.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Attended the orientation meeting today. The shed was packed with people. The ranges seem pretty awesome and I can’t wait to start shooting there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I wasn't able to send a message through the website.

Do you know if they'll still have the orientation if it snows this weekend? Or is there a way to know if it is cancelled?

And...are you allowed to do any shooting that day, or must you wait until after being voted in the next day?
    Thanks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Do you know if they'll still have the orientation if it snows this weekend? Or is there a way to know if it is cancelled?

And...are you allowed to do any shooting that day, or must you wait until after being voted in the next day?
    Thanks

Isn't it next weekend?

The 15th I believe.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yes the 15th of April and that will be the last chance this year (2018), unless things change, to become a member although some exceptions are made for active military and LEO's.

If you miss this one plan on waiting until January 2019.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Thanks

You could call the membership chairman his number is shown at the end of the membership section.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Isn't it next weekend?

The 15th I believe.

I was just on their website, and you are correct.. Orientation is on the 15th.

Yeah, umm, errr, ahhhh, yep, the 15th....well, it might snow the 15th too...I mean Spring, what?? LOL :lol2:

You could call the membership chairman his number is shown at the end of the membership section.

I'll try to do that. I ASSumed you were a board member there or something, since you posted the thread? My mistake. :o

After a few years of membership @ Freestate, I gave up on them this year and didn't renew, and no plans to in the future. Way too many inexperienced shooters, way too crowded (almost every day now), and tired of standing around like a stooge, waiting to be helped. I used to go 2-3 times a WEEK...but have only been there twice in the last 6 months...once to try out my new SA XD45, and once to try out my freshly built P80.

Hopefully, this place is the polar opposite. It seems to be, everyone likes the place, and I'd much prefer outside shooting. Just doesn't look like there's a lot of lanes to use, from the pictures on their site.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I just noticed Freestate isn't listed in the IP section? Huh... Maybe old news? I thought the freestate talk kinda got quiet around here.

Used their range once the very first month they were open. They were really trying to sell memberships.

I'm up by the Mason Dixon line, too far out of the way for me to be a constant guest

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Yeah, umm, errr, ahhhh, yep, the 15th....well, it might snow the 15th too...I mean Spring, what?? LOL :lol2:

I'll try to do that. I ASSumed you were a board member there or something, since you posted the thread? My mistake. :o

After a few years of membership @ Freestate, I gave up on them this year and didn't renew, and no plans to in the future. Way too many inexperienced shooters, way too crowded (almost every day now), and tired of standing around like a stooge, waiting to be helped. I used to go 2-3 times a WEEK...but have only been there twice in the last 6 months...once to try out my new SA XD45, and once to try out my freshly built P80.

Hopefully, this place is the polar opposite. It seems to be, everyone likes the place, and I'd much prefer outside shooting. Just doesn't look like there's a lot of lanes to use, from the pictures on their site.

You will love Southern Lancaster. I belong to both Freestate and Lancaster. I usually hit Free state earlier in the day, before dinner as it gets packed later.
    Southern Lancaster has lots of great ranges for every shooter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom