• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    I bought it used. I think it may have been abused by someone home gunsmithing without knowing what they're doing.

That's a horse of a different color.... maybe a hot reload like double what it should have been.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    Surgeon CSR .308, 16” Heavy Palma barrel AI AX 2014 chassis with AWC suppressor. FDE cerakoted.

It’s a great rifle. It shoots great and Hollywood quiet with subsonic ammo and suppressor.

But I never get a chance to stretch her legs. Had her out at Ft. Meade 1x, 92 rounds and now she sits in my safe. That was 2 years ago.

My interests are more along tactical and battle rifle lines. Black is my favorite color, unless it’s a RAL8000 HK 416/417 or MR223/308. And no not the MR556/762 until they offer them in RAL8000 like the MR223 A3 or MR308 A3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-Hebi

Jul 19, 2013
    That would be my Sig 556R and a marriage license. I can't find a heavy barrel for the thing to save my soul.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    My most recent regrettable firearms purchase would be a S&W M&P10 when I really wanted a SCAR 17s. After getting the SCAR, I promptly sold the M&P10. It was a good rifle, but I just didn't like it.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    My most recent regrettable firearms purchase would be a S&W M&P10 when I really wanted a SCAR 17s. After getting the SCAR, I promptly sold the M&P10. It was a good rifle, but I just didn't like it.

I have similar sentiments on my M&P10. Jumped on a good deal, built it out, and never shoot it. Same deal - great gun, just don't like it enough to lug it out to shoot it... Mostly cus of the weight. Never been much on bench guns, or prone shooting...

53be5687d0969ef6c2cad65f2a9addfa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    VP9. I use my Glock 19 for every day work and then my S&W M&P 9MM for USPSA. It just kinda sits there waiting for John Wick to come claim it or something...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4298884

Browning Buckmark Camper. Not only did I find .22 semi auto pistols to be tediously dull to shoot, the darn thing would rust if you thought about it. The gun required regular oiling just to avoid surface rust.

I would also add my S&W 15-22 to the list and a S&W 617. The 15-22 just never worked well for me. I had trouble sighting it in, never got used to the two stage trigger and overall didn't like the gun. My 617 beautiful, but boring to shoot. I just don't really like .22 handguns apparently. I still have a Single-Six but that's a different animal.

jjsat

Apr 14, 2014
    Montgomery Co., MD
    Bought an FN 45 Tactical in FDE. It was the pistol a dreamed about for months. When I finally got it I could not hit the side of a barn with it. I'm sure it's a great gun just not for me.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Bought an FN 45 Tactical in FDE. It was the pistol a dreamed about for months. When I finally got it I could not hit the side of a barn with it. I'm sure it's a great gun just not for me.
    One of the worst pistols I've ever fired.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    TT-33 Norinco Tokarev (type 54)

Mine was a knock off Tokarev/Makarov in 9mm; and first gun I bought (could afford) as a young sailor. :innocent0

This thing would jam more often than not and even jammed a round in the barrel once. I cant remember what I paid for it but never trusted it.

:envy:Note the high quality spring clip holding the slide/stop pin!

Attachments

• TT-33-pair-768x576.jpg
      TT-33-pair-768x576.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 524
    • WMtt-33_04_disassembly_clip_extractor.jpg
      WMtt-33_04_disassembly_clip_extractor.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 519

YouLoveKraz

Jan 4, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    That Century Arms replica of the Vz58 and that silly Hipoint .380 rifle.

The vz2008's trigger failed to reset after nearly every shot while literally falling apart in my hand while the hipoint 3895 was just a shitty gun all around that made me want to stay away from pistol caliber carbines for a while at the time.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Mine was a knock off Tokarev/Makarov in 9mm; and first gun I bought (could afford) as a young sailor. :innocent0

This thing would jam more often than not and even jammed a round in the barrel once. I cant remember what I paid for it but never trusted it.

:envy:Note the high quality spring clip holding the slide/stop pin!

Which is EXACTLY why I parted mine out on Ebay, the left over ammo is for sale in the classified as we speak. :D >shameless plug<

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That Century Arms replica of the Vz58 and that silly Hipoint .380 rifle.

The vz2008's trigger failed to reset after nearly every shot while literally falling apart in my hand while the hipoint 3895 was just a shitty gun all around that made me want to stay away from pistol caliber carbines for a while at the time.

You must have gotten a lemon. My vz2008 has been trouble free for 4 years and thousands of rounds.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Definitely got a lemon. Even the handguard and grip were falling apart as I was shooting.

Wow, that sucks! The worst I had ever heard was that a lot of them had a canted front sight. I felt lucky that my sights were dead on, but I have never heard of the magnitude of problems that you've had.

Desert84eagle

Nov 22, 2011
    MontCo
    I bought a Radom P64 because they had that ppk look and the price was right. It also looked like a nice ccw piece. But I got to say shooting it was not enjoyable, whether is was the Makarov round or that I don't like little guns I can't say.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Definitely got a lemon. Even the handguard and grip were falling apart as I was shooting.

My VZ2008 is starting to have feeding issues about 500 rounds in. Seems to wedge first rounds between the mag and the chamber. Haven't fiddled with it yet, but hoping it just needs a good cleaning. If not, it was cheap enough to not worry too much about breakin out the Dremel to see if I can't smooth things out between the mag and chamber. I do like this rifle, but its startin to bug me.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Canik Elite Combat. Gun is great, I just don't have a purpose for it. I thought I would make it my wife's home defense gun - easy to shoot, red dot. It is just that she never has the time to go to the range with me to try it out. I already have another competition gun that I like better just because I prefer heavy handguns

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom