Vortex Viper PST Riflescope - 1-4x24mm (Gen 1)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    This is a pretty decent deal if you are looking for a scope of higher quality but lower budget. It's not new to market by any means, and has been superseded by the Gen 2 1-6x version... but this is still a great scope and now at this price makes it almost a no brainer if you are looking for one.

Coupon code 12RFSC19 gets you an additional 12% off and it ships for free.

*Offer ends 2/11/19 11:59 PM CST. Limit one per customer.

Order Subtotal $419.99
    Coupon -$50.40
    Est. Sales Tax (MD) $22.18
    Shipping Subtotal FREE

Grand Total $391.77 to your door.

You can't find them used for that price!

Lifetime warranty (fully transferable) and one of the big things that pushed me over the edge was that it's 100% waterproof. Not a lot of scopes in that price range that are fogproof, shockproof, and waterproof.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope.html

opplanet-vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-moa-reticle-black-pst-14st-a-vx-rs-vpr1-p-main.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    This is a pretty decent deal if you are looking for a scope of higher quality but lower budget. It's not new to market by any means, and has been superseded by the Gen 2 1-6x version... but this is still a great scope and now at this price makes it almost a no brainer if you are looking for one.

Coupon code 12RFSC19 gets you an additional 12% off and it ships for free.

*Offer ends 2/11/19 11:59 PM CST. Limit one per customer.

Order Subtotal $419.99
    Coupon -$50.40
    Est. Sales Tax (MD) $22.18
    Shipping Subtotal FREE

Grand Total $391.77 to your door.

You can't find them used for that price!

Lifetime warranty (fully transferable) and one of the big things that pushed me over the edge was that it's 100% waterproof. Not a lot of scopes in that price range that are fogproof, shockproof, and waterproof.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope.html

opplanet-vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope-with-tmcq-moa-reticle-black-pst-14st-a-vx-rs-vpr1-p-main.jpg
    Nice price on a good AR scope. Have one that I like a lot. Watch out for Optics Planet selling your email address to spammers. Been awful every day starting with the day I placed my last order - that’s no coincidence. Dozens and dozens per day.

Last edited:

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Nice price on a good AR scope. Have one that I like a lot. Watch out for Optics Planet selling your email address to spammers. Been awful every day starting with the day I placed my last order - that’s no coincidence. Dozens and dozens per day.
    Awesome ....

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Interesting.... they apparently changed it after I shared the info... here's a screenshot of my actual order... coupon worked. (Although, note that the item status is "on order" which is code for backordered but we don't want to tell you. I see now the price has dropped to $399 from $419 and no coupon coded. So it's $30 more than with the deal I got. Sorry... I literally copied and pasted that text about the coupon expiration from their site. I guess you can't trust them to keep their word.

EDIT... I see they turned it into a "KILLER DEAL" which renders it ineligible for the coupon now. Damn.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      19.7 KB · Views: 180
    • Capture2.jpg
      Capture2.jpg
      18.3 KB · Views: 239

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Funny... So sometime in the last hour it change from "Item On Order" to "Shipped" and I have a tracking number. I will admit, I was getting a little nervous. Oddly enough, I didn't realize it shipped until I called their customer support to find out what "Item on Order" is. Talked to a super nice guy... and he said he was looking at that same scope. FWIW... he said they have a lot of them in stock and ready to go.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Optics planet always makes me nervous, ordered a couple times, and almost always I get a coupon kicked out or something I ordered shows up as "backordered" after showing in stock. Only way I'll buy anything from them is via Amazon or Ebay where you have much better buyer protection if they don't hold to their description. Have seen the PST 1-4 go on sale for $350ish a couple places since the new model came out, but looking at them side by side, opted for the gen 2, worth the cost IMO, more magnification, brighter, crisper, better reticle, daylight bright illumination, etc. The gen 1 is 7oz lighter, and can be around $200 cheaper, but even if cost and weight are priorities, IMO it's worth the $60 premium for a Steiner PX4i(Guns midwest has for $480ish), massive upgrade in glass quality and reticle with daylight bright illumination. Have had the PST 1-4 in my hand probably a dozen times, but ended up going with the 1-6 gen 2 and PX4i instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom