• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Damn I missed out on these. Would have loved one of those Egyptian Crested guns for my middleast collection

https://www.classicfirearms.com/pst...963354567885477134290616016429236148741068039

Yep, they were still in stock as I was uploading my C&R for their revamped system (shows how long it's been since I ordered from Classic) and by the time I was uploaded, they were all gone.

Don't worry though, they'll have another "super small batch" come in at double the price next week I'm sure.

Century has them as well (they were the importer) but only incomplete according to the public site. Didn't try my dealer log-in to see if that was actually the case.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep, they were still in stock as I was uploading my C&R for their revamped system (shows how long it's been since I ordered from Classic) and by the time I was uploaded, they were all gone.

Don't worry though, they'll have another "super small batch" come in at double the price next week I'm sure.

Century has them as well (they were the importer) but only incomplete according to the public site. Didn't try my dealer log-in to see if that was actually the case.

I logged in and the only complete ones they have are $239.87 in fair condition.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Or here in the classifieds. Its classic bet they have some more...…….not holding out home for solid condition. Still haven't gotten my CZ50 was going to piggyback one on the order.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

They're not CZ; they're the $19.95 Khyber Pass knockoffs. I bought two 12 rounders at an undisclosed out of state location. Guaranteed feed failures and they will not drop freely half the time. You can tell because there's a seam down the back and front, no crease at the bottom sides and they're stamped "mfg CZ" on the bottom. See the picture below. CZ product they are not. They need some mad finishing to work properly, I'm told.

cz55.jpg

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They're not CZ; they're the $19.95 Khyber Pass knockoffs. I bought two 12 rounders at an undisclosed out of state location. Guaranteed feed failures and they will not drop freely half the time. You can tell because there's a seam down the back and front, no crease at the bottom sides and they're stamped "mfg CZ" on the bottom. See the picture below. CZ product they are not. They need some mad finishing to work properly, I'm told.

cz55.jpg

I have a pinned 10 rounder I bought when I got my Cz82 (so I could shoot it to check for function). Matches that description. It feeds okay, but it doesn’t drop free and my attempts to get it to fit properly have been unsuccessful (just fits worse. I have it back to “it can be pulled free without needing two hands and my knees”). I have two Czech acceptance stamped surplus mags I also purchased out of state that function flawlessly.

Now.

I am positive they are surplus, but the front of the mag body was about .01-.02” too tall and was catching the cartridge case mouth on feeding and causing rounds to jump and jam for a FTF about 1 per magazine. Usually in the middle of the mag. A minute with a square file, sand paper and some bluing gel and they work perfectly.

Or at least I ran around 60 rounds with zero failures after modding the front of the mags (and they drop free!). My previous best I think was 14 or 15 rounds before a failure and my average is about 10 rounds between failures. I haven’t gotten it to the range since I modified the mags and that is all the ammo I had with me for it (I was testing several other things that day. Including finally getting my G17 80% to run like a top! 100 rounds, zero failures with that! Compared to 1 FTF every 20-30 rounds with the slide not going fully in to battery. That took about 5-6 range trips and multiple modifications to fully fix. Finally a SS guide rod and 18# recoils spring seems to have solved it)

I really need to track down 1 or 2 more at some point. Even if I never buy another Cz82, it is such a sweet shooter and handles so nicely I really want another mag or two on hand.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thanks for the observation. In the CZ 82 & CZ 83 CLUB forum, the recommendation is quoted:
    I cannot find factory replacement magazines for my CZ 83. I do however have one, I am pretty sure is a factory mag. That magazine works flawlessly and does not have a visible seam. The brand new faulty magazines have a welded seam that has been ground opposite the round indicator holes. I disassembled both magazines and compared each part. These were my observations that were possibly causing FTF’s (failure to feed):

The plastic follower has a hole in it to allow it to connect it to the spring. The the factory drilled the wrong position of the hole causing the spring to protrude outside of the follower body making it scrape the interior of the magazine as it travel up as rounds are spent causing drag. The square hole that was punched for the magazine lock has caused the metal to slightly protrude into the wall of the magazine. You can feel this with your finger. You cannot feel this in the factory magazine. As the spring scrapes it’s way along the magazine wall as rounds are fed, it gets hung up on the protruding metal around the magazine stop (square) hole. This causes the FTF.

Solution: take the follower and while using a dremel carefully enlarge the hole for the spring in an egg shape allowing the spring to ride next to the follower and away from the magazine wall. Using a bastard file, file the protruding metal inside the magazine at the square hole so the follower can travel smoothly.

After doing this to 3 magazines they are working fine. Although I had to file one a couple more times. Hope it works for you if you are having these issues.

Thread: https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=97087.0

I drilled the hole as directed and it reduced the FTF problem to when the follower is flush with the hole and at the top of its travel (it seemed to be incorrectly canted to one side at the top). I also lubed the inside of the body with silicone spray. Looks like I'll be doing some file work in the future.

That said, I to love shooting my CZ 82. Just watch out for fake magazines - look for the Czech acceptance mark.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh jesus that is bad. Looks like they took some "bottom of the arsenal floor" finds and chrome plated them. Ewww.

My PW Arms imported M57 in the original purplish bluing so Excellent+ for sure, but it also didn't come from Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom