• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am looking to get a reaction rod or similar. Whne I mean similar I am thinking Bev Block. I looked over at Chad's IP Forum and all his threads are gone. So hoping Chad or someone can tell me the pros and cons between the 3 products I have it narrowed down to.

Right now for the money it seems I would be better to get both the Bev Block and the Brownells Tool.

opinions

Mag-Pul Bev Block
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...ch-vise-blocks/ar-15-bev-block-prod72951.aspx

Giessele Reaction Rod
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...l-tools/ar-15-m16-reaction-rod-prod55168.aspx

Or Brownells AR Barrel Extension Torque tool
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...-barrel-extension-torque-tools-prod27452.aspx

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Chad likes Midwest Industries

There was a similar question a couple weeks ago

Attachments

• 67079789-AD4A-4765-B42D-8817EA98EDC1.jpeg
      67079789-AD4A-4765-B42D-8817EA98EDC1.jpeg
      16.2 KB · Views: 633

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Bev is ok, but not for stubborn barrel nuts. The Midwest URR is the best all around one. Standard reaction rods will allow the index pin to shear. The Midwest won't.

Clamshell are best for barrel nut removal.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I soft deleted the threads in my IP section. I'll bring them back after the legislative session in MD is over.

I didn't want anything currently in there, or any new posts to be a distraction to important work that has to be done to fight the laws MD is proposing. I also don't want anything there to be a cause for bickering or the like.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Any thoughts on this take on the clamshell type then? https://www.plastixrevolution.net/c...ocks/products/ar-15-upper-receiver-vise-block

And what happened to all the threads under the SOTAR IP space? I haven't been on here a lot recently so I am probably really out of the loop...

That block is ok. I have them but my only use for them is for blowback AR's that won't work with clamshell, Bev Blocks, or reaction type rods.

I also use the bottom of the jig in my vise for when I lap uppers.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I soft deleted the threads in my IP section. I'll bring them back after the legislative session in MD is over.

I didn't want anything currently in there, or any new posts to be a distraction to important work that has to be done to fight the laws MD is proposing. I also don't want anything there to be a cause for bickering or the like.

As always Lord Chad is wise....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That block is ok. I have them but my only use for them is for blowback AR's that won't work with clamshell, Bev Blocks, or reaction type rods.

I also use the bottom of the jig in my vise for when I lap uppers.

Ditto :thumbsup:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county

This is so unfortunate, understanding and great thinking, but very unfortunate.

Thanks again Clandestine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom