• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices.
    what a load of horse sh!t.
    ever worked behind a table at one of these shows?
    i know of only one dealer who charges MSRP. most others are there to make some money but not to give guns away.

The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience.
    do you want candy and flowers? if you arent the center of attention at a table, you can ask for assistance.

FYI, yes I have worked behind the tables! No one expects dealers to give stuff away. Common sense dictates that they have to make a profit to stay in business. There are quite a few who really jack up prices at the shows. They look at as having to make up for the cost of the tables. That is an additional expense over and above what their shop costs to run.
    I hate candy and flowers! If I am the only one standing at a dealers table, I do expect them to stop talking to their buddy about their personal lives and show some respect to the customer who is standing there with cash in hand!
    There is no "load of horse sh!t" involved with that! Nor is there any Horse Sh!t in my evaluation of the condition of what is on their tables.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    FYI, yes I have worked behind the tables! No one expects dealers to give stuff away. Common sense dictates that they have to make a profit to stay in business. There are quite a few who really jack up prices at the shows. They look at as having to make up for the cost of the tables. That is an additional expense over and above what their shop costs to run.
    I hate candy and flowers! If I am the only one standing at a dealers table, I do expect them to stop talking to their buddy about their personal lives and show some respect to the customer who is standing there with cash in hand!
    There is no "load of horse sh!t" involved with that! Nor is there any Horse Sh!t in my evaluation of the condition of what is on their tables.

you know what opinions are like...

Feb 23, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Have not been to a MD gunshow since 2013, no point when you can’t get the right magazines, fun rifles, and when the PA show has more tables plus the stuff a person is looking for.

Ever since the 2013 ban MD gun shows have been shit since there is so much that can’t be sold here due to garbage laws.

A lot of LGS dealers do not attend the shows. Most of those I use have almost as many guns in stock as there were at the whole show. The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices. The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience. When you stand at a dealers table and they can not be bothered because they are talking to their buddy, when they mislead the customer either deliberately or due to their own ignorance, when their attitude reeks of arrogance, they are turning their customer base off. How many times do you hear people say that they go to a show just because they run into friends, because they never find anything interesting or not overpriced? I hear it a lot! In years past, when gun shows had guns and the dealers were pleasant and knowledgeable, I usually brought something home. For several years now, I have left without buying anything other than a few small parts and often, not even that! It is not the customer that is causing the shows to decline! I still buy, I just buy elsewhere.

Many moons ago at The Pikesville Armory, this backfired on a FFL.
    He had an uber rare 1895 variant of an 1896 Krag Carbine for $800. I pointed this out to him and he responded that it was a piece gun and they didn't make carbines until 1896. I explained that the very first carbines were made with receivers stamped 1895 and they were highly collectible. He looked down his nose and condescendingly said "Look buddy, it is what it is. Do you want it?" I pulled out $800 and handed it to him. I then picked up the Krag and said "I tried to warn you" and walked away.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Either there's nothing to see, or the admission's too high. Pretty soon the only thing left is to stay home and complain in the gun show forum.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Says...
    Have not been to a MD gunshow since 2013, no point when you can’t get the right magazines, fun rifles, and when the PA show has more tables plus the stuff a person is looking for.
    And then says...
    Ever since the 2013 ban MD gun shows have been shit since there is so much that can’t be sold here due to garbage laws.

Thanks for your support.

As less and less people patronize the few dealers we have trying to make it in this Gulag... We will have LESS and LESS dealers in this Gulag to support US. Encouraging less and less participation in Maryland gun shows will do for the anti gunners exactly what they want... WITHOUT them having to get involved. :sad20:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    So, we are supposed to support beek jerky, fudge and t shirt vendors? Plenty of people on this forum uphold free market principles when someone pays a high price for an item. The free market also dictates that those who can not or will not adapt their business model to work in changing times are free to fail. If you don't have what customers want, they simply take their business elsewhere. That is just the way things are in life.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So, we are supposed to support beek jerky, fudge and t shirt vendors? Plenty of people on this forum uphold free market principles when someone pays a high price for an item. The free market also dictates that those who can not or will not adapt their business model to work in changing times are free to fail. If you don't have what customers want, they simply take their business elsewhere. That is just the way things are in life.

Did I say that?

Let me go back and check...

nope... not there...

But I DID say something about supporting our local dealers who DID pay the cost to set up a table there... Some of which are our own members and IPs. AND ... MSI... Bought a nice challenge coin from them while I was there... to support OUR cause.

But... don't worry about it... continue to disparage the shows and discourage attendance... And as the anti gun cancer spreads... we will continue to have to drive further and further away to other states as shows close to us begin to shut down due to lack of support.

Then... folks can get on here and lament the old days when they could just drive to a local show... and the state still HAD FFL dealers.

Guess what I saw at the Timonium Show... Of all things... A Jerky salesman bought a GUN :omg:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Never said you said that.

I'm glad the jerky salesman bought a gun! Probably needs it to protect all the money people spent buying jerky when they didn't find what they wanted at the gun dealer's tables.:evilgrin3

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    No one says you have to buy t-shirts, jerky and other stuff. The admission fee establishes the attendance. Buying only from the actual 'hard' vendors will indicate those types of vendors are what the show needs. Additionally, without sufficient sales the other stuff vendors will disappear. But...I always buy beef jerky at the gun shows...part of the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom