• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Guys,
    I have a question regarding arrow length. My arrows are 32" (maybe 31" I am not at home) basically the full length they were when I bought them. They are the Carbon Force x-weave bow madness series 300grain. My draw length is 30" so these arrows don't hang that far forward of the riser's shelf as is. Should I bother shortening them? what would be the benefit? I could see it being necessary if I had a 27" draw but how about for my situation?
    Thanks.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Thanks lx1x ! good link. I had to print it out to read later in the evening, quite a bit of info there..

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Joseph, I think you are good on the arrow length.

BTW: you stole the pic of me at the cornfield keg party from high school and used it as your avatar - who showed you that pic anyway?:party29:

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    you must be using an overdraw rest.

QAD HD Pro on both of my Hoyts, I shoot with arrows cut to 1" past the rest.
    Your draw will be longer then your arrows on most Compounds. Anything past that is a waste, in my opinion. Risers and rests will differ from bow to bow.

Years ago, we were looking for more speed from the older Compounds and would use 3" to 4" overdraws off the riser/shelf.

I still have an old Jennings compound with a 3" overdraw and an old TM style hunter rest. 30" draw and 26 1/2" arrows. :D We thought they were fast. :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    QAD HD Pro on both of my Hoyts, I shoot with arrows cut to 1" past the rest.
    Your draw will be longer then your arrows on most Compounds. Anything past that is a waste, in my opinion. Risers and rests will differ from bow to bow.

Years ago, we were looking for more speed from the older Compounds and would use 3" to 4" overdraws off the riser/shelf.

I still have an old Jennings compound with a 3" overdraw and an old TM style hunter rest. 30" draw and 26 1/2" arrows. :D We thought they were fast. :lol2:

:thumbsup:;)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    In reality your right, there is somewhat of an overdraw built into the newer fall away rests, as they are installed at the edge of and behind the riser.

yes.. noticed that myself.. but its all good.. its just personal preference. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom