• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    The elastic tubing which makes the peep sight stay in alignment at full draw keeps breaking at the little tit where it attaches to the peep sight. This happens every 50-60 shots. Is this normal? I now need more tubing since mine has gotten shorter and shorter with each time it breaks.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I just bought the bow new about a month ago. Could still be old tubing though...
    Upon closer inspection, the little tit the tube attaches to is rough. They didn't clean the burr from the parting line after injection molding the part. That might be initiating the failure.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Replace the rubber, and use a longer piece. It doesn't need to stretch too much, and less is better (less pull on that side of the cable, and less tension if it snaps off and heads for your eye).

You can use the line-splitter type, but they can sometimes be difficult to keep true on the string.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Wow, It seem like everyone is leaning towards the tubeless peep sight.
    I went ahead and ordered a couple different sizes of the G5 peep sight to see what all the fuss is about :)

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If you just bought the bow make sure it has a good string on it before putting in a tubeless peep. Some factory strings are good, some are generic. If it doesn't have a good no twist string on it you are going to have a heck of a time keeping the tubless peep lined up with your sight.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Well, being a archery noob I can't really evaluate the quality of my bowstring. It is whatever came with the bow. I suspect generic/mid grade. The bow is a 2011 PSE bow madness.

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Generally speaking, most factory bows don't come with the best string in the world. I always immediately replace my factory strings with custom strings from http://www.prostring.com Wes has great customer service, a great product and the price is right. I'll save my factory strings just in case I need a set in a pinch, but that's never happened.

As far as peep size, you'll want a little larger size if you're hunting as it will allow more light in. Most that shoot target archery go with a smaller one to improve accuracy. As the others have said, the G5 peeps are nice. Use them myself.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I was reading in book (setting up the perfect hunting bow) that one aiming technique was to use a very large peep sight (1/4"+) and center the round pin guard instead of the individual pins. Then keeping the pin guard centered in the peep place the appropriate pin on target. Any one doing this?

So far I have had good results with a small peep and centering the pins. That small peep sight does get dark as deerminator mentioned. I have been shooting my bow up to 8:30 in the evening to learn to deal with the low light.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I was reading in book (setting up the perfect hunting bow) that one aiming technique was to use a very large peep sight (1/4"+) and center the round pin guard instead of the individual pins. Then keeping the pin guard centered in the peep place the appropriate pin on target. Any one doing this?

So far I have had good results with a small peep and centering the pins. That small peep sight does get dark as deerminator mentioned. I have been shooting my bow up to 8:30 in the evening to learn to deal with the low light.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/

Great forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom