• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    03e9d16eae7d24c3d640b80bfe276854.jpg

Yes, yes, I just re-read my post and it does sound a bit dramatic.

(But still, Wolverines!)

Tanner22

Jan 9, 2021
    Taylorsville
    I can't help but wonder if this is what it was like in the various taverns and pubs in the New England area in the 1770's? The mother country kept pushing and taxing until the colonists had finally had enough.
    If it comes to the left attempting to take our firearms, you can bet they will do it with UN help.
    No real American LEO or Military person will have the stomach to fire on its own citizens for refusing to comply. UN troops however, won't care. I'm almost 60, but if Paul rides at night and the word gets out, I'll be there.

Patent Guy

Rifleman
    Sep 1, 2010
    AA County
    We should take a breath...

I’m concerned that we’re getting a bit overwrought here. I’m an older guy and remember being an adult who owned and shot my guns legally under every President since Ford. None of the Democrats (Carter, Clinton, Obama) stopped me from buying guns and ammo to shoot or hunt, and nothing was ever confiscated. I’m a Republican and have friends who shoot often, and they’re Dems. We’re all Americans. The mayhem in the Capitol last week was caused by people who were also overwrought and I believe they were led by people who misunderstand our history and what’s happening now. Gun laws are mainly state by state and in Maryland we have a Republican Governor who doesn’t get an A from the NRA, but we’re not becoming New York.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I’m concerned that we’re getting a bit overwrought here. I’m an older guy and remember being an adult who owned and shot my guns legally under every President since Ford. None of the Democrats (Carter, Clinton, Obama) stopped me from buying guns and ammo to shoot or hunt, and nothing was ever confiscated. I’m a Republican and have friends who shoot often, and they’re Dems. We’re all Americans. The mayhem in the Capitol last week was caused by people who were also overwrought and I believe they were led by people who misunderstand our history and what’s happening now. Gun laws are mainly state by state and in Maryland we have a Republican Governor who doesn’t get an A from the NRA, but we’re not becoming New York.

Overwrought is a good description for a lot of the recent reactions to recent events. I'm 60. To me the late 60's and 70's were much more violent and riotous than what's happened in the past year.

I don't condone any of it, but it seems the media fails to frame it in the context of the past.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Overwrought is a good description for a lot of the recent reactions to recent events. I'm 60. To me the late 60's and 70's were much more violent and riotous than what's happened in the past year.

I don't condone any of it, but it seems the media fails to frame it in the context of the past.

That may be true, but the indoctrination of grade school kids wasn’t a thing.
    Ideas were attacked...not just individuals.

Game has changed.

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg

If that was a free & fair election I would agree with you, but I can't say I believe that .

The capitol symbolizes represenative government, if representative government is gone, the building is not as holy as it once was.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Check out a secure text messaging app called Signal. It is very good and I mean that from the technical perspective. It works by cell number, so collect the cell numbers of like-minded people you trust and communicate with them via Signal.
    <snip>

Is Signal encrypted?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Can someone fill me in on how we went from take a deep breath to signals , i am over here breathing easy and following some sage advice . Does anyone thing we are in control . I don't like violence for the most part , i think everyone agrees that if someone is about to hurt you then you have a right to protect yourself .

You don't have a right to seek out people that you think may hurt you down the road .

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Huh? Signal is just a communications app for your smartphone. I don't see the harm.

i think everyone agrees that if someone is about to hurt you then you have a right to protect yourself.

From what I've seen, politicians do not agree. Apparently it's your obligation to retreat and exit your home where possible when someone invades it (in some states). That person might be looking "looking for bread" or something.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Huh? Signal is just a communications app for your smartphone. I don't see the harm.

From what I've seen, politicians do not agree. Apparently it's your obligation to retreat and exit your home where possible when someone invades it (in some states). That person might be looking "looking for bread" or something.

I think you have the right to defend yourself in Maryland , it is a huge crap-hole yes and the politicians are clueless and they try to fix things until they break them .

We all have tried to fix something that was not broke , then while we are fixing it we broke it ...That is what Liberals on the MGA do every year .

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    So Much for the Uniter in Chief

This is a sad and embarrassing sight for the country. Planning on up to 20,000 or so national guard. What will they say when inauguration comes and goes and nothing happened? Mission accomplished, we repelled the deplorables?

D.C. Guard: Troops Sleeping at U.S. Capitol ‘Resting,’ Not Lodged There
    https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...eeping-at-us-capitol-resting-not-lodged-there

Washington DC braces as thousands of National Guard move in for inauguration day
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...move-in-to-washington-dc-for-inauguration-day

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg
    Its certainly not very comforting to observe how frightened our so called leaders are of the men & women The President claims to speak for.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Information is coming out about the so-called insurrectionists. For sure, there were social misfits and morons in that group but it's also coming to light that most of these people have never been issued so much as a parking ticket. No history whatsoever of misbehavior.

- Police officers
    - Military enlisted (honorably discharged)
    - Military officers (honorably separated)

A Colonel Brock, of 20 years in the Air Force, A-10 Warthog pilot, sticks in my mind. The press is calling them all "dangerous, extreme, alt-right wingers."

These are men and women who've attended some of our most prestigious academies and universities. You will NEVER convince me that their minds are so weak and malleable as to be manipulated by any person or conspiracy theory. These people attacked the capitol for a reason. They must truly believe that the Constitution is in grave jeopardy.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Congress's reaction of the "storming" of their place of work,, vs their reaction to the "Burning to the ground" of private citizens places of work should tell you all you need to know.
    In my opinion, they are not scared enough.

Information is coming out about the so-called insurrectionists. For sure, there were social misfits and morons in that group but it's also coming to light that most of these people have never been issued so much as a parking ticket. No history whatsoever of misbehavior.

- Police officers
    - Military enlisted (honorably discharged)
    - Military officers (honorably separated)

A Colonel Brock, of 20 years in the Air Force, A-10 Warthog pilot, sticks in my mind. The press is calling them all "dangerous, extreme, alt-right wingers."

These are men and women who've attended some of our most prestigious academies and universities. You will NEVER convince me that their minds are so weak and malleable as to be manipulated by any person or conspiracy theory. These people attacked the capitol for a reason. They must truly believe that the Constitution is in grave jeopardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom