• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have a 30 year old 870 magnum and I'd put it up against any pump shotgun ever made. That said, I would not pay for any gun they made in the past 15 years, or more. The SPR-453 was pretty good but that was just an OEM for them and not made by them. I never like the O ring on the 1187's and they cut engineering a long time ago in favor of profits and they only lasts a few years.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have a 30 year old 870 magnum and I'd put it up against any pump shotgun ever made. That said, I would not pay for any gun they made in the past 15 years, or more. The SPR-453 was pretty good but that was just an OEM for them and not made by them. I never like the O ring on the 1187's and they cut engineering a long time ago in favor of profits and they only lasts a few years.

I have an 870 Magnum LE trade that I got from Lou45. I got there the first day he had these when he opened and hand picked this one. It is basically a Police Magnum before they used that phrasing. Even has the metal trigger group. The action is so incredibly smooth on this gun. Really puts the newer ones to shame. I have a lot of 870s and this is one of the last of them that I’d ever part with.

Attachments

• 8CC02042-EF86-428C-8735-D8B7FD855543.jpg
      8CC02042-EF86-428C-8735-D8B7FD855543.jpg
      120.7 KB · Views: 425

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They were sold out (literally) no more than 30 minutes after the link was posted. I did buy one of the versions with a longer barrel but it still hasn't shipped yet.

Interesting. I didn’t get an alert or anything for those being in stock. Just randomly checked and there they were. Seems incredible that they sold out so quickly after I happened upon them by accident. Maybe they only had a few to begin with.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Agreed. The four 870 Wingmaster former LE shotguns I got from Lou are slicker than owl snot. The minor dings just give them character. They were dirt cheap too.

It's a shame Remington has dropped the quality ball over the last ten years.

I have an 870 Magnum LE trade that I got from Lou45. I got there the first day he had these when he opened and hand picked this one. It is basically a Police Magnum before they used that phrasing. Even has the metal trigger group. The action is so incredibly smooth on this gun. Really puts the newer ones to shame. I have a lot of 870s and this is one of the last of them that I’d ever part with.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Agreed. The four 870 Wingmaster former LE shotguns I got from Lou are slicker than owl snot. The minor dings just give them character. They were dirt cheap too.

It's a shame Remington has dropped the quality ball over the last ten years.

One of many deals from Lou. Bought one and should have bought several. And yeah, no comparison on the quality side.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    One of many deals from Lou. Bought one and should have bought several. And yeah, no comparison on the quality side.

He had a really nice tiger stripped stock one that I should have bought. He wanted a little more for that one, but the stock was incredible.

Seems to me that last big batch was $229?

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Yeah, I should have bought eight instead of four.

I miss Lou. Solid guy. Oh, and that Sarah poster board :innocent0

He had a really nice tiger stripped stock one that I should have bought. He wanted a little more for that one, but the stock was incredible.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

I can't recall. They may well have been. I do know I walked away happy. The gun was tight. Spent a lot of time on duty, but only a little time being fired. I am pretty sure that even the best examples of those Wingmasters were under 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom