• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Seriously you don't think it would make the problem worse? You don't think it would turn into an Oxycodone/Oxycontin like situation. You don't think the numbers would grow? You don't think there would be more tax increases for say.....Drug rehabilitation, medical cost increases, employee work loss, increase in policing. Not to mention other things like Health insurance increases. You think everyone is going to be like you?
    I'd have to have someone point to proof making something illegal actually deters determined parties from doing it.

How much MORE illegal would guns in the hands of felons need to be for there not to be a Baltimore City, Chicago, etc murder rate?

I think prescription pain killers should be for hospital setting or Hospice use only. I absolutely refuse to swallow a "pain killer" type medication....I'll literally die first. I'm smart enough to see the evidence that I'd likely become addicted and drive myself and my family into ruin. I seen enough evidence that these types of pain killers are HIGHLY addictive and it's easy to lose control of their use.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I'd have to have someone point to proof making something illegal actually deters determined parties from doing it.

How much MORE illegal would guns in the hands of felons need to be for there not to be a Baltimore City, Chicago, etc murder rate?

I think prescription pain killers should be for hospital setting or Hospice use only. I absolutely refuse to swallow a "pain killer" type medication....I'll literally die first. I'm smart enough to see the evidence that I'd likely become addicted and drive myself and my family into ruin. I seen enough evidence that these types of pain killers are HIGHLY addictive and it's easy to lose control of their use.

I find it interesting that you are advocating the use of Marijuana, a substance, that provides you with pain relief, avoidance of your problems and what you believe to be serenity. The times I have taking pain killers was to do the same thing, pain relief, avoiding my current problem, massive pain and which put me at peace with the world around me. Root canal, tooth abscesses, recovering from back surgery, foot surgery and hand surgery.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

I think in away you made my point. If a person is "Determined" to do something they are going to do it. There are plenty of individuals that see that something is against the law and they will obey. Because the penalty is too high to pay. Example: You said you didn't want to lose your gun rights. So you follow the law. Will everyone do it, of course not.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think in away you made my point. If a person is "Determined" to do something they are going to do it. There are plenty of individuals that see that something is against the law and they will obey. Because the penalty is too high to pay. Example: You said you didn't want to lose your gun rights. So you follow the law. Will everyone do it, of course not.
    It doesn't cost ME anything when I follow the law. It costs me about $50K a year in income taxes (every year, year after year) for our State and Federal governments to waste on ******** drug policies.

I'm advocating the Feds and State Governments staying out of what people choose to buy, own, use, ingest or choose for their children to own and ingest.

I would say I'm surprised that a majority of this group doesn't agree with that, but....I'm far beyond being surprised anymore.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I find it interesting that you are advocating the use of Marijuana, a substance, that provides you with pain relief, avoidance of your problems and what you believe to be serenity. The times I have taking pain killers was to do the same thing, pain relief, avoiding my current problem, massive pain and which put me at peace with the world around me. Root canal, tooth abscesses, recovering from back surgery, foot surgery and hand surgery.
    Difference being, I'm only advocating for the RIGHT to consume it, not saying it should be used by every/all the time. Definitely not saying it's safe for young people.

I am however dead serious that I won't use or allow anyone in my household to use pain pills if any sort. If it can't be whipped by 800MG Ibuprofen, ice/heat compress and rest.......... you need to remain hospitalized under direct doctor supervision.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It doesn't cost ME anything when I follow the law. It costs me about $50K a year in income taxes (every year, year after year) for our State and Federal governments to waste on ******** drug policies.

I'm advocating the Feds and State Governments staying out of what people choose to buy, own, use, ingest or choose for their children to own and ingest.

I would say I'm surprised that a majority of this group doesn't agree with that, but....I'm far beyond being surprised anymore.

I wish it could as well, but more times than I would like it results in more severe problems. The were some companies that produced baby formula. They were not regulated. One would think that a company that produces a vital product for infants would have a high morale standing. That turned out not to be the case, even though the culture demanded a high morale and ethical standard. Though you may have a high morale standard there are others that do not. It is those individuals and the citizens demand action that cause the government to get involved.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland

I find it interesting that only one of the two 'drugs' listed above is lab-designed to be addictive, over-prescribed by multiple known / discovered drug-rings with doctors / pharm reps working in tandem, and the direct result of tens of thousands of deaths every year, not to mention the untrackable indirect deaths because - get this - people sell painkillers illegally too. GASP!

One of those is the direct result of over 130 deaths per day.

The irony of this is, the vast majority of folks that are uneducated on the matter espouse something along the lines of, "I would approve of medicinal marijuana only if it's prescribed in only the most extreme cases etc etc."

Based on the actual science, marijuana (even non-psychoactive) is capable of replacing most normal pain medicines and the reverse should be reality - opiods should only be prescribed in the most extreme of cases (terminal illness, cancers, etc).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    /Thread.

Although,.... I would agree that it does suck pretty bad when you are taken advantage of by a manufacturer of anything that you have a reasonable belief is not going to harm you (baby formula in the example above).

I just don't know if I agree our Government/FDA is the best agency to be in charge. No one is dying in Canada from the identical drugs we pay 3x's the cost for here. Smart consumers will take the small chance and buy illegally over the internet if they find they cannot afford what they need.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Difference being, I'm only advocating for the RIGHT to consume it, not saying it should be used by every/all the time. Definitely not saying it's safe for young people.

I am however dead serious that I won't use or allow anyone in my household to use pain pills if any sort. If it can't be whipped by 800MG Ibuprofen, ice/heat compress and rest.......... you need to remain hospitalized under direct doctor supervision.

It sounds like you have had a problem with pharmaceuticals in the past. Absolutist statements from people are usually a sign of something.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It sounds like you have had a problem with pharmaceuticals in the past. Absolutist statements from people are usually a sign of something.
    Ew.... interesting accusation!

Nah, I've seen it destroy family members though.

Whereas, I know literally dozens of people who partake regularly of the devils lettuce and have no issues being productive members of society.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I don't think ANY drugs should be illegal. What "good" does it do currently? How much more illegal can heroin become before people actually stop using it?

Super double extra special illegal with q cherry on top? Will that stop current addicts?

No but I don't want new addicts, and making heroin, LSD, ecstasy, etc. legal, all highly addictive, will create more addicts. And more crime when they have to feed their ever-increasing addiction. And more highway deaths as they take to the road under the influence. Schedule 1 drugs are a cancer on society and corrosive to the public order; that's why they're banned.

I'm sure you don't advocate for murder being legal by the same logic you used above. But no extra special cherry on top is going to stop a murderer intent on killing his victim. So do laws outlawing murder do any good?

And how do you define good?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No but I don't want new addicts, and making heroin, LSD, ecstasy, etc. legal, all highly addictive, will create more addicts. And more crime when they have to feed their ever-increasing addiction. And more highway deaths as they take to the road under the influence. Schedule 1 drugs are a cancer on society and corrosive to the public order; that's why they're banned.

I'm sure you don't advocate for murder being legal by the same logic you used above. But no extra special cherry on top is going to stop a murderer intent on killing his victim. So do laws outlawing murder do any good?

And how do you define good?
    I don't advocate murder because it's an act that effects someone else. Ingesting a drug doesn't effect the person next to you.

There is so much misinformation in this thread alone,.... it's startling.

It seems the older the human mind gets the less likely it is absorb information and be able to rationally decipher fact from fiction. Things we are taught as youths seems to stick, no matter how incorrect and easily disproved they are.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I don't advocate murder because it's an act that effects someone else. Ingesting a drug doesn't effect the person next to you.

It can and it does - daily. DUI kills and maims. Addiction breaks families apart. Feeding habits leads to more crime. Sharing needles, which virtually all addicts do as they begin to spiral to the bottom, spreads disease. And so on. Societies that ignore that demonstrated fact suffer the consequences. Few will agree with you that Schedule 1 drugs like heroin should be legalized; here you are in the minority for good reason.

There is so much misinformation in this thread alone,.... it's startling.

It seems the older the human mind gets the less likely it is absorb information and be able to rationally decipher fact from fiction. Things we are taught as youths seems to stick, no matter how incorrect and easily disproved they are.

On this we very much agree.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It can and it does - daily. DUI kills and maims. Addiction breaks families apart. Feeding habits leads to more crime. Sharing needles, which virtually all addicts do as they begin to spiral to the bottom, spreads disease. And so on. Societies that ignore that demonstrated fact suffer the consequences. Few will agree with you that Schedule 1 drugs like heroin should be legalized; here you are in the minority for good reason.

On this we very much agree.
    Wait..... DUI "kills"?

That's not a function of consuming a drug,..... that's caused by DRIVING.

Guns kill then.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Short skirts and low cut tops have been causing rapes for years according to some of your guys logic.

Blame the behavior, not the object or substance.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Short skirts and low cut tops have been causing rapes for years according to some of your guys logic.

Blame the behavior, not the object or substance.

Reminds me of this:

what-causes-rape-what-causes-mass-shootings-excessive-alcohol-no-19642058.png

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Exactly.

People are hell bent on demonizing the substance of the day (except the one THEY partake of).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom