fighting23.gif

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Up Date: 10/9/07 DNR

Early Muzzleloader Deer Season Opens October 18

[snip]
    Region B’s Total Muzzleloader Season bag limit is 2 antlered white-tailed deer and 10 white-tailed antlerless deer. Only one antlered deer may be taken during the October 18 – 20 Muzzleloader Season segment. Only antlerless deer may be taken with a muzzleloader from October 22 through October 27. Muzzleloader hunters may take up to 10 antlerless deer combined for the both October segments.
    [/snip]

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    ASSATEAGUE — Archery hunting season will begin Monday, Nov. 5, at Assateague State Park, the Department of Natural Resources’ Maryland Park Service announced.

The season will end Jan. 31, 2008.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    e.a. vaugn and whaleyville (father-n- laws) with a rem 700 ml .50 with hornady 240 xtp's and clean shot powder.

I used to be familiar with EA Vaughn and I have been to the gates of the Whaleyville place but didn't venture in it. Are there many trails like on 60 Foot Rd and Morris Rd?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    in whaleyville i will be hunting on private but the place your talking about is on shadvox rd? if so there are only 2 main trails going in and out the rest is just woods no marked trails mixed public and private.

I think you might mean Shavox and I think there is one of them in Whaleyville as there is in Pittsville andf Parsonsberg. Opposite sides of Old OC Rd, go figure.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    Stevens Road and St Lukes Road for me. I think I got one property figured out and I haven't even got a chance to scout out the second. Just waiting for the first frost as I have enough chigger bites on me right now.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    good sized deer in the st lukes road area. i hunt off backbone road and the filkins farm

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Large Doe last night with the .50 PA hunter (precussion cap) 100 grains pyrodex powder and home made T/C maxi-hunter style bullets @ 60yrds +/- textbook shot placement (not sure how I pulled that off w/ open sights and getting dim out. :D)

Last edited:

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Got one this am myself, shot was at 15 yds. shot was a a inch or 2 lower than i wanted but ended up taking the heart out and breaking the front leg on exit. Only about 70lb doe and she ran about 20 yrds and fell over dead.

Blood trail was unreal, 2 feet wide for 20 yrds. Heart and lungs were grenaded went i pulled the gut bag. Hard to believe she ran that far.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    have watched over 22 deer in the past 2 days and none have had horns or is big enough that i want to take. some have even appeared scrawny, boney. hunting DE tonight and monday

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Same boat here,saw 20 deer on the farm lastnight alone,but,I have seen way bigger,not enough to shoot at,the only ones worth shootin at were 100yds out of range.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    My father in law had to out do me friday night he got a 4 point buck...with his Dodge. :lol2: Luckily little damage to the truck, and didn't bust it up bad so we saved most of the meat. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom