Jefferson County, MO
    don't be racist against pirates.

yhst-50863389838911_2270_125466176

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I wouldn't want to get hit by either.

doing 3 gun, and seeing how slow the shotgun loading goes (especially for me) I just can't see a situation where i'd pick a shotty over an AR.

I guess if you knew you were only going to be shooting whatever your mag capacity is (3 - 10 rounds), then it wouldn't be an issues, but who knows that.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Secondary benefit is over penetration. From what I gathered, M193/XM193 loadings will not go through walls.

For the most part, any ammo worth shooting at someone is going to penetrate several walls.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot14.htm

Both XM-193 and 00 Buck penetrated at least four walls.

As for my personal preference, I currently have a Mossberg 535 on my side of the bed and a Remington 870 on my wife's side. But when I get back from my deployment, I'll finish building my AR and it will take the place of the 535. If you could guarantee me that I'll never face more than one intruder at a time, I would go with a shotgun. But if I need to make shots on multiple targets, I would rather have an AR. Plus, the option for up to 29 follow-up shots.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Get both. Different uses for both. Though their uses do overlap some, one cannot replace the other. Shotgun for urban uses within 50yds, ar-15 up to 500 yds. Its hard to be specific on the uses of each one, but each one is unmatched in its own niche.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    You can't beat what you are MOST comfortable with. I would say get the AR now since you won't be able to later and a shotgun when you can after that. just my $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom