• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeStocked

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I am looking for used casings that are no longer good for reloading. I am doing a project for a customer and am looking for a lot of casings that are no good for reloading anymore. I will pick up if you have them. Thanks

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Any caliber. I want an assortment of all casings--handgun and rifle. I am making a floor in a clients gun room using spent casings.

This sounds really cool - PLEASE post pictures when it's finished! Out of curiosity, how are you going to go about doing this? Cutting the casings down for the primer end? I'm imagining a hardwood floor with primers pressed into the slats covered in high gloss - am I way off?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    This sounds really cool - PLEASE post pictures when it's finished! Out of curiosity, how are you going to go about doing this? Cutting the casings down for the primer end? I'm imagining a hardwood floor with primers pressed into the slats covered in high gloss - am I way off?

I imagine it as building a water proof floor area, spreading the casings out and then covering the whole thing in epoxy or clear resin.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Here is a lot coming up at Ft. Meade. Click on the "similar lots" link on the left side of the page for a wider selection although some may not be as near. Here is one for 14,000+ lbs of assorted brass. That's about as "a lot of cases" as you'll find anywhere!:D

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    A better bet is to buy one of the other lots that are"blanks", as the price point will be lower than reloadable cases. Cut the extra material off with a bandsaw and you'll be good to go.

And if anybody is bidding on lots like these just to get some brass, zap me a pm please.

BeStocked

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    NateIU10 hit the nail on the head. Going to paint the concrete slab a solid color, randomly spread the casings out around the area and pour 1/2-3/4" clear epoxy over the entire area.

I will post before and after pics when completed.

Thanks for the info on the casings.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    NateIU10 hit the nail on the head. Going to paint the concrete slab a solid color, randomly spread the casings out around the area and pour 1/2-3/4" clear epoxy over the entire area.

I will post before and after pics when completed.

Thanks for the info on the casings.

Sounds...fantastic. Can't wait to see pics.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    FYI, the brass auctions typically go for scrap price. Purchase for re-use is location dependent. If there is more than one person nearby who can (or is willing to) handle the large quantities being dealt with, it may get into a bidding war and go upwards of scrap price. There are so many around the country that buying outside one's local area (+shipping!) is uncommon for re-use. Keep an eye on the site. There will be more within driving distance from Norfolk to Harrisburg to pick from. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom