• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KCain

Dec 16, 2012
    Arbutus, Maryland
    I did my paperwork for my new FNS .40 on the 29th and no word as of yet. I'd imagine at lease another week or so before my paper work comes back.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Just got my call from the Gun Connection, woot woot!! Now if I could get out of work to pick it up!!! I'll never make it to their shop in time tonight i'll do it during lunch tomorrow.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    The disparity in wait times is huge. Friend bought his glock 26 AFTER i bought my item. He picked his up last week (7 day wait. Picked up on the 8th day). Im still waiting. Not that i'm in any rush. Just not sure how the system is set up. And this is not an isolated incident im sure.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The disparity in wait times is huge. Friend bought his glock 26 AFTER i bought my item. He picked his up last week (7 day wait. Picked up on the 8th day). Im still waiting. Not that i'm in any rush. Just not sure how the system is set up. And this is not an isolated incident im sure.

Same FFL or different one? I know some FFL's still snail mail while others fax in paperwork.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Your friends 8th day pick up gives me hope on my 8th day (TOMORROW)....my daughter will see her father act like a child for the first time, and my wife will see the geek in me all over again.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The law is, on the 8th day, the FFL may releease the firearm to you.

Realworld, the FFL will not release the firearm, until the not-disapproved from the MSP is received.

If the FFL does not not have the approval on the 8th day, the FFL should be contacting the MSP for the approval. If the FFL has a wait and see attitude, get a new FFL.

That law has been changed some time ago. FFL's can only do that if they want to loose their license. The law now is they have to wait for the approval to come back from the MSP that comes with a release number that has to go on the paperwork before anyone gets their gun released to them.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Same FFL or different one? I know some FFL's still snail mail while others fax in paperwork.

Even the ones that fax the paperwork in are so busy that often they don't have the time to fax them in the same day as the customer filled them out. Often they end up sitting on the paperwork a day or so until they can find the time

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Even the ones that fax the paperwork in are so busy that often they don't have the time to fax them in the same day as the customer filled them out. Often they end up sitting on the paperwork a day or so until they can find the time

I'm sure the shop closes sometime and the paperwork can be faxed to then after hours, not saying that the way it happens, but if it's done the way you stated with the way the buying frenzy is going they would never get the paperwork in.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm sure the shop closes sometime and the paperwork can be faxed to then after hours, not saying that the way it happens, but if it's done the way you stated with the way the buying frenzy is going they would never get the paperwork in.

Yes, they can and many do just that. But many shops are way over busy lately and they are doing their best as well as they try to fit some time in to restocking the store, maintaining all other business related records/paperwork, and sleep.

What I'm trying to point out is when someone walks into a shop and fills out the paperwork and places the deposit on the gun, the shop owners do not fax the paperwork over to the MSP as soon as the customer walks out of the store. Sometime they try to get to it after they close the store. Sometimes they try to get to it the next day. But these shops are so busy that many of them stopped answering the phones because of all of the customers they have in the stores everyday.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just called to check, paperwork is BACK for my S&W M&P .40 range kit. Now I just need to find time to get there and pick it up.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Called my FFL today, said he talked to MSP and was told they are working on some from the 21st, 22nd and the 24th. I've got two waiting from the 26th and the 3rd. I'm trying to be patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom