• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    But Friday was December 28th, Monday was Decmber 31st . . . ?

When was your paperwork sent? (Mine should have been sent the 28th -- filled it out Thursday evening at Gunrunners, and Bob is punctual with filing the paper.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    But Friday was December 28th, Monday was Decmber 31st . . . ?

When was your paperwork sent? (Mine should have been sent the 28th -- filled it out Thursday evening at Gunrunners, and Bob is punctual with filing the paper.

Im sorry, I bought it friday and paperwork was sent in on monday the 31st. My folks got the paperwork fast so lets see how long msp is taking.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Who do you call at the MSP to find out why your purchase release has not materialized in the approbate time?

All you'll get is a voice mail and no one will return your msg. Dealers have another # they can call.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Personally, I don't see why dealers won't release a gun on the 8th day. The responsibility is not on them but the buyer. When I transfer at Jessup the trooper always says the seller can release on the 8th day but they will come looking for the buyer if a problem comes up. I actually don't mind waiting a few extra days for paperwork to clear, I have other guns to shoot. What really pisses me off is waiting on NFA paper work. Not days but months past reasonable times. No excuse for the length of time it takes, especially if you already have NFA items.

Phillip

Mar 28, 2012
    Purchase on December 19th, pick up on December 31. On Target.

As for Bass Pro, I know a person that worked (maybe still works) for Bass Pro who knows his firearms very well. They are not all ignorant.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Bought two new handguns from different dealers, Thundrersticks (PA) via Cooters and Accurate Gun and Ammo. Both just over 7 business days. Designated collector allowed near simultaneous purchase. Great service from both dealers.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Personally, I don't see why dealers won't release a gun on the 8th day. The responsibility is not on them but the buyer. When I transfer at Jessup the trooper always says the seller can release on the 8th day but they will come looking for the buyer if a problem comes up. I actually don't mind waiting a few extra days for paperwork to clear, I have other guns to shoot. What really pisses me off is waiting on NFA paper work. Not days but months past reasonable times. No excuse for the length of time it takes, especially if you already have NFA items.

This has been answered many times...FTF THROUGH MSP is not the same.

FFL's have to deal with state and federal laws because they are dealers.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    14th day and counting for a stripped lower...

I'm not going to flame my gun pusher because he's a standup guy trying to do the right thing to feed his family and not end up in jail.

In a surprise move, I'm not going to flame the MSP because the demand has been so high that no one could have staffed the permit office for the panic buying.

Chill and inventory your ammo.

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bass Pro, took about 2 weeks for my Kimber .45 paperwork to come back. 3 of 4 people I dealt with were great. One bad apple, but that's not bad. Staff was great given the pressure they are under. Incredibly busy in that place.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    14 days and counting.....hoping for tomorrow...sorry 15 tomorrow will be 16. Purchased on the 21st, waiting just sucks.

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    14 days and counting.....hoping for tomorrow...sorry 15 tomorrow will be 16. Purchased on the 21st, waiting just sucks.
    If it gives you any hope, I filled out the paperwork for my rifle on the 21st and just picked it up today. Someone else I know filled out his paperwork on the 19th and also just picked up today (at On Target). You shouldn't have much longer to wait at all.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    If it gives you any hope, I filled out the paperwork for my rifle on the 21st and just picked it up today. Someone else I know filled out his paperwork on the 19th and also just picked up today (at On Target). You shouldn't have much longer to wait at all.

Thanks!! Yeah hoping for a call tomorrow or monday. Someone else in the 7 day wait thread said that the 21st was the magic number as alot of paper work was coming back from that date.

I'm not worried about not getting the "non-dissapproved" as I already purchased a gun back in november and nothing has changed, well maybe my waist line, damn holidays!!

Thanks again!!

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    does new years eve and new years day count as days towards the wait?

Anyone chime in if i'm wrong, but holidays don't count. So christmas, and NYD count as holidays. I've conflicting stories on this, some say yes some say no.

I just hope for monday a call, the Gun Connection isn't open on sunday :(, if I get a call I know what i'm doing at lunch.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Anyone chime in if i'm wrong, but holidays don't count. So christmas, and NYD count as holidays. I've conflicting stories on this, some say yes some say no.

I just hope for monday a call, the Gun Connection isn't open on sunday :(, if I get a call I know what i'm doing at lunch.

You're wrong. The law says 7 days, not seven business days. IF the 7th day falls on a holiday or Sunday they can't release it on that day, but that doesn't mean they don't count.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    i just purchased a s&w 5906 from budsgunshop and had it shipped to "Mid county gun shop" (mike little)... first of all he said he would call me when it came it, i tracked it online and it was there last monday and never heard from him so i called tuesday. tuesday i drove to his shop to start the transfer. Bc thanksgiving was thurs it didnt count so wed (today) i should have been able to pick it up. today he tells me sunday doesnt count in the 7 day wait and he wouldnt be in his shop till 8pm thur night... wtf?? im fed up with all these folks saying "its ok for the ffl to tack on an extra day or 2 to cover their ass"... news flash people! its 7 days from the time u fill out the application (excluding holidays). which means if u fill out the paper work on monday, u get the gun next monday after that time. IF SOMEONE PURCHASES A FIREARM AND WAITS THE APPROPRIATE TIME AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A "DISAPPROVED" LETTER, YOU ARE ILLEGALLY HOLDING THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY. why the **** do FFLs think they have the authority to extend and create their own laws???

Wow, you are woefully uninformed.

I won't get pulled into a debate, but Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealers are bound by their licensing authority, the Maryland State Police.

Since MSP is the point of contact for NICS checks for regulated firearms, no responsible dealer who wants to keep his license will release a firearm without a " not disapproved" and a NICS number, period.

If it takes 2 or 3 weeks, don't take potshots at the guy who is just trying to facilitate your acquisition of a firearm and keep his license at the same time.

What, do think we make money by or enjoy having to warehouse guns whilst waiting for paperwork? The more we move the more money we make, so why on Earth would we intentionally delay a transfer and make a customer, who we want to come back, angry??????

letshunt

Jun 14, 2010
    Hi all, Got my not dis approved from MSP on the 10th. working day. Picked up my new piece. Thanks Bluefins Bait for your transfer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom