• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 3, 2013
    Fellow 2A Supporters,

I intend to introduce legislation in Carroll County to nullify Federal and State laws that impinge on our Second Amendment Protections as afforded in the Constitution.

If I proceed forward, I will need a packed hearing room in support of this effort, as it will likely be treated with skepticism by some officials.

If this passes, it will be the FIRST ever in the State of Maryland.

QUESTION:

If I proceed, how many of you can take off in either the late morning (10 to 11AM) or mid afternoon (2-3 or 3-4 PM) to testify?

I need at least 40 people.

Please advise

Commissioner Richard Rothschild
    UNWAVERING CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Howard County resident, and being able to be there would depend on the day without advance notice, but willing to be there if I'm not working and willing to submit written testimony if I do have to work.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Not yet scheduled. Need to write the legislation. Probably in about three weeks.

-Rich

It may be possible to attend or testify,I'm in Baltimore county however, not sure if that matters. The Cato institute has some policy papers on nullification at the state level which may be of value. Not a lawyer, have not yet had time to read up.

You are honoring your oath sir..

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Likely available...

Fellow 2A Supporters,

I intend to introduce legislation in Carroll County to nullify Federal and State laws that impinge on our Second Amendment Protections as afforded in the Constitution.

If I proceed forward, I will need a packed hearing room in support of this effort, as it will likely be treated with skepticism by some officials.

If this passes, it will be the FIRST ever in the State of Maryland.

QUESTION:

If I proceed, how many of you can take off in either the late morning (10 to 11AM) or mid afternoon (2-3 or 3-4 PM) to testify?

I need at least 40 people.

Please advise

Commissioner Richard Rothschild
    UNWAVERING CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hate to be the booger in the punch bowl, but the idea of nullifying state laws is a non-starter due to the preemption laws.

If you're looking for a symbolic action, then by all means, but as an actual action there's nothing there.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hate to be the booger in the punch bowl, but the idea of nullifying state laws is a non-starter due to the preemption laws.

If you're looking for a symbolic action, then by all means, but as an actual action there's nothing there.

Maybe. The sheriff's office has taken over jurisdiction as the chief law enforcement officer for the county. So if he is on board with this then maybe we can get concealed carry at the county level.

Hey...it may be a pipe dream but it's a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom