• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I wanted to get some of your thoughts on a tool to "at least" adjust my sights and possibly change them at a later date.
    I have multiple handguns but my every day carry (Kahr K9) rear sight got knocked to the side enough to know it's no where near accurate. Nothing is damaged.
    I did look at the Wheeler Engineering reviews.
    Thanks in advance.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I bought the Wheeler tool. $120 very well spent. Between mine and pistols owned by shooting buddies, it's been used to adjust or swap sights on probably 10 pistols. Takes a few minutes to get the hang of it, and to learn when you need to slip some paper or another material in to avoid a subtle mark on a slide. Gotta make sure you've got the pusher's height just right, etc., but it's trivial. Measure twice, shove once. Great tool, very glad I got it.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm not familiar with Kahr sights....but if they are like Glocks, you can use a wooden dowl and a small hammer and tap them....its no problem.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I have one of the NC Star tools. No problems at all on 25+ different pistols to date. New is running about $45 now on fleabay. I wasn't in a hurry and waited on a used one for $25 shipped. Very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm not familiar with Kahr sights....but if they are like Glocks, you can use a wooden dowl and a small hammer and tap them....its no problem.

Crap, a loaded mag and a piece of cardboard can do in a pinch for a Glock rear sight.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/...ryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=DYCsdmDzk

I got this awhile back. It has worked on my Glock rear sights. M57 sights. Front sight on my sporterized Mauser.

Careful work, cardboard and a loaded mag got my Glock rear sights within 2 inches at 17 yards, but I wanted better precision than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom