• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    had some great luck with octane munitions.
    bought 300blk in bulk for ~33 cents/round and havent had any problems yet

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Thanks fellas! MPDC I plan to as soon as I start getting leave back. I blew it all when the baby showed up in November! I have cheesesteak envy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Freedom Munitions. I have purchased their used and Reman ammo, all have been perfect. Their customer service has also been 10/10

So, I like and shoot Freedom, especially for plinking, but you can definitely do better than it for accuracy, especially out of a Glock. At 10 yards, I'll see 1.5"-2" groups of five shots, whereas my handloads are typically a large ragged hole.

With that said, it chambers/cycles fine, it's cheap, and I've never had it not go bang. But it's not great for bullseye-type stuff, if that's your gig.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Doubletap ammo sale too! Mike claims this is his lowest discount of the year.

We are giving you this exclusive coupon code for 30% off! There won't be deeper discount.
    Get out and get shooting! Don't forget our reasonably priced Colt Match and Defense ammo too!
    This offer is good for all Doubletap and Colt Ammunition items!!

30% OFF OF ANY PRODUCT!!!

Just enter:

SUMMER18

www.doubletapammo.net

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    For new Production bulk ammo I've had great success with SGAmmo, Outdoor Limited and Target Sports USA. Solid prices with cheap if not free shipping.

Ammoseek is a pretty valuable search engine too. I'm sure this has all been said before though.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    these, and classic has had some good deals lately too.

I was able to nab a great deal on .45LC at Classic this month. GrabAGun, when they have a good sale price on ammo and have a flat rate $12.99 shipping on unlimited ammo. Plus their gun prices are usually unbeatable.

TargetSports has the prime ammo membership which I've had for two years, at $95/yr plus free ammo gift boxes that amount to about a $50 value each. They knock off about 15% on ammo outright and then ship, albeit at a snail's pace, for free. Their selection is vast.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    But I cannot stress Ammoseek enough here because before I pull the trigger at those other sites I check there, every once in a while, "Gary's Shootin' Shed out of Biloxi MS" will have an insane price on what I'm looking for after shipping and I have no quarrels sending them my business if the price is right.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    But I cannot stress Ammoseek enough here because before I pull the trigger at those other sites I check there, every once in a while, "Gary's Shootin' Shed out of Biloxi MS" will have an insane price on what I'm looking for after shipping and I have no quarrels sending them my business if the price is right.

This. My go-to is whatever gunbot or ammoseek lists as the cheapest, though outside of that I'm gotten some killer deals on K-Var and Sportsman's Guide. I mostly buy Eastern Bloc calibers, so brick and mortar retail is not usually an option.

Though I will say that I've found Walmart is one of the few places online or otherwise that stocks Tulammo 148gr 7.62x54R, with any reliable frequency, which is a big deal because most 54R coming out of PPU or any of the Russian manufacturers these days is either the 174gr FMJ or the 203gr SP stuff, while the bullet drop settings on my Russian optic is calibrated for the lighter, faster 148gr bullet that was the standard for all military 54R. So don't count out brick and mortar retail.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    This. My go-to is whatever gunbot or ammoseek lists as the cheapest, though outside of that I'm gotten some killer deals on K-Var and Sportsman's Guide. I mostly buy Eastern Bloc calibers, so brick and mortar retail is not usually an option.

Though I will say that I've found Walmart is one of the few places online or otherwise that stocks Tulammo 148gr 7.62x54R, with any reliable frequency, which is a big deal because most 54R coming out of PPU or any of the Russian manufacturers these days is either the 174gr FMJ or the 203gr SP stuff, while the bullet drop settings on my Russian optic is calibrated for the lighter, faster 148gr bullet that was the standard for all military 54R. So don't count out brick and mortar retail.

First, let me say Steve, It is an honor to meet you, I love your work.

I usually clear the shelf at Walmart for that 54R every time I see it. It usually runs $11+ per box which is kind of steep for steel case, but I buy it anyway because I'm a hoarder.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I reload, so my first source is in house.

Over the years I have bought plenty of ammunition from Sam Gabbert at SGAmmo.com They run a good business and have always provided great shipping and customer service. When I am looking for something that I don't reload or they are running prices competitive to my price per round reloads, I do not hesitate to buy from the Gabberts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom